This vs that   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which sub

• Fi Bl 18
    • DC lv 4 18
    • Sundown Z 18

lol im not a fan of nightshades anymore

i think he was talking to the OP ?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

lol im not a fan of nightshades anymore

I'm just curious as to why? It's not because they don't get loud or sound good doing it. Maybe because you tried to stuff one in a t-line and didn't have the results that you wanted.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i voted level 4

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

well the 15 i can argue with i never had a problem with that one it got fairly loud and took the 1500 watts i was giving it very well the 18 is when i started having problems the surround tore from me playing it in the tline it hit my seat for about 15 mins and it started to tear then we took it out and put it in a 4 cube box with 80 inchs of port tuned to around 33 hz and it could barely do a 29.9 on a 3000d im not trying to bash just my experience with the sub the tear was my fault i shouldnt have let the seat touch the woofer and let me say when we put it in the ported box we checked the connections and the ohm loads i set the amp with an oscope and a dmm so something was up with the sub not the install

Roseville, CA

well the 15 i can argue with i never had a problem with that one it got fairly loud and took the 1500 watts i was giving it very well the 18 is when i started having problems the surround tore from me playing it in the tline it hit my seat for about 15 mins and it started to tear then we took it out and put it in a 4 cube box with 80 inchs of port tuned to around 33 hz and it could barely do a 29.9 on a 3000d im not trying to bash just my experience with the sub the tear was my fault i shouldnt have let the seat touch the woofer and let me say when we put it in the ported box we checked the connections and the ohm loads i set the amp with an oscope and a dmm so something was up with the sub not the install

That sucks! I wonder why it wasn't that loud when you put it in the 4 cube box. 4 cubes with 80 sqin of port seems just about right for that sub, so I'm not sure why it didn't work right. Maybe you have a bad standing wave in your vehicle with that particular enclosure. Did you try any other subs in the same exact box as the Nightshade 18?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

yeah the kid had a audioque hd3 or whatever 18 in there and it was alot louder i dont know what happened in that set up it was werid we were sitting there for about two hours scratching are heads trying to figrue it out

Roseville, CA

its funny to here all this soooo i guess when DC launches the infamous 4" lv6 then we got stuff pretty much sewed up

i like all the others ive heard them and played with them but yea i vote DC :hi:

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

Somebody Couldn't GIVE ME a NIGHTSHADE for FREE!!!!

Never Impressed me And Never will.... Ive Heard The 12's 15's and 18's...

Dusty's NEW recones Are Good they Deff Knock...

But They fall off On Screwd and Chopped... And Dont like 3grand RMS daily... They get Stinky after a While...

Ill stick with my 4.25" Coils & 4hp Motor's :)

T3 Audio FTW!

T3 Audio's Wait FTFL!

Edited by Rose-Villian

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S