Second Skin Audio

I got screwed on my new 18" Sub by a local dealer

I bought what I was told was an 05 RE xxx 18 from a local dealer (not an RE dealer.) They said it was a consignment. It had a fresh recone and looked massive, but Im by no means a pro. Not even a little! I get it home post pics on here and everyone was kind of like WTF? So I send pics to RE and find out that it is an Atomic APX18 motor and basket with a garbage recone with too small of spiders, the cone doesnt sit flush against the spider, the tinsel leads are short enough that they will snap under power, and that it is suppose to have a bolt down ring around the spiders for in field recones which is not there! Then I speak to Atomic and they verify its their APX motor and basket but crap softparts. I call the dealer and tell them and their like "Well how were we suppose to know, we dont carry RE). I told them they advertised an RE XXX 05 18 and they are responsible for grossly misrepresenting the item. They said they will talk to the person who consigned it and get back to me. An hour later I went into there shop and told them we need to figure this out because this is very frustrating and I have a lot of money just sitting there. He told me if I didnt leave and let him make a phone call then he wouldnt help me. He then told me I had to give him RE and Atomic's number so he could verify what I was saying, so basically calling my a liar. I gave them their numbers and am waiting for the outcome but this is absolute B.S. I guess its what I get for being in a hurry (I didnt want to wait for shipping to buy from the manufacturer.) Either way I think they are being absolutely rediculous and unfair. They lied and now I could be stuck. It shouldnt be legal. The only thing RE about it is the dustcap! If you want pics. they are under "new sub" in this subwoofer section!

I bought what I was told was an 05 RE xxx 18 from a local dealer (not an RE dealer.) They said it was a consignment. It had a fresh recone and looked massive, but Im by no means a pro. Not even a little! I get it home post pics on here and everyone was kind of like WTF? So I send pics to RE and find out that it is an Atomic APX18 motor and basket with a garbage recone with too small of spiders, the cone doesnt sit flush against the spider, the tinsel leads are short enough that they will snap under power, and that it is suppose to have a bolt down ring around the spiders for in field recones which is not there! Then I speak to Atomic and they verify its their APX motor and basket but crap softparts. I call the dealer and tell them and their like "Well how were we suppose to know, we dont carry RE). I told them they advertised an RE XXX 05 18 and they are responsible for grossly misrepresenting the item. They said they will talk to the person who consigned it and get back to me. An hour later I went into there shop and told them we need to figure this out because this is very frustrating and I have a lot of money just sitting there. He told me if I didnt leave and let him make a phone call then he wouldnt help me. He then told me I had to give him RE and Atomic's number so he could verify what I was saying, so basically calling my a liar. I gave them their numbers and am waiting for the outcome but this is absolute B.S. I guess its what I get for being in a hurry (I didnt want to wait for shipping to buy from the manufacturer.) Either way I think they are being absolutely rediculous and unfair. They lied and now I could be stuck. It shouldnt be legal. The only thing RE about it is the dustcap! If you want pics. they are under "new sub" in this subwoofer section!

I'm not 100% sure but this sound like you MIGHT have a case for "False Advertisement" against them. I'm not sure how that will turn out though.

Either way, I hope this get settle the right way.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I'm not 100% sure but this sound like you MIGHT have a case for "False Advertisement" against them. I'm not sure how that will turn out though.

Either way, I hope this get settle the right way.

x2

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

They said that since it was a consignment it was my duty to know EVERYTHING. Which of course I didnt or I wouldnt be back as soon as they opened the next morning after buying it at closing time yesterday! I had them test the Voice coils and took their word that it was an RE, doesnt seem like they should be able to lie and misrepresent no matter what. I am so pissed right now! And this is after getting my wife to finally say ok when she is totally against this, and then this happened so she is livid!

If they dont take care of it and there's nothing that can be done through the legal system, you just have to take this as bought experience. The only thing to do at that point woul be to fet in touch with atomic and get a recone from them the apx is a monster and a sub you would prolly be happy with. Sorry bout whats happened.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Atomic was real cool when I spoke with them, best coustomer service Ive ever come across! They said recone $100 but after I told them all the crap Im dealing with they said to call them Monday and they will "take care of it." I would prefer to have the APXX with 4" coil but Yes Ive heard the APX is a monster. They said put it in a 6^3 net box tuned to 32hz. and put 5000rms to it. Thats pretty insane!!! So I guess in the end one way or another this will work out but nobody should have to go through all this B.S!

My bad. I thought you said it was the apx. If its an apxx you have a real beast to play with if you got enough power for it.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg