Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 or 6 15's


26.6 cubes what setup  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. take the amount of airspace into consideration shouldnt 15's need 4-5 cubes and 18's need 8 cubes?

    • 4 18's
      8
    • 6 15's
      16
    • 4 15's
      5


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a F-150 and wanting to do a blowthrough. Looking to have 55x48x20 for dimensions. so thats 26.6 cubes.

I would like to do 4 18's if possible but not sure if thats enough room after port and sub displacement

the next two best options are 6 15's or 4 15's

With the amount of room what do you think? I will only have 4k watts on hand as of now, soon will be around 10-12k watts

What subs would fit this best for daily only low tuned box on music (rap). I want something that hits low, sounds decent, and moves tons of air and getss louddd. still undecided looking into RD's, BTL's, AA's, Revo's, even maybe for cheap low budget some soundtream T-5, maybe some fi SSD's or bl's or Q's

For an amp looking into IA 40.1, sundown 3500, AQ 3500, RD 5750.1, D9, AB 400.1, 500.1, something along those lines.

For electrical for now. I will have a 160-170 at idle and 240-250 max DC Power alt :clapping: and a spv70 upfront or keep my durlast upfront and put that spv 70 in the back with a C&D 134AH battery in the back maybe two if needed.

I'm an idiot....and don't know when to shut my mouth

Posted

is there enough room for 4 16's?? same with 18's?? is there enough room for them to perform best as possible?

I see everyone is picking that

I'm an idiot....and don't know when to shut my mouth

Posted

I dont think 6 15's are an option even though so many are picking it. Thats just over 4 cubes a sub NOT including port and sub displacement. Figure .25 ^3 per driver is another one and a half cubes gone plus port. Youll end up with 3 ^3 a driver. I dont think thats going to work well! Not to mention the power you will need! More motors= more power. More SPL yes but a lot more cost also! But with only 3 ^3 definitely not optimal! And your goal is music. Since you want 18's I would get the FI BL 18's. They dont require as much air space as the BTL so you can run them with about 5^3 per driver and they dont need as much power. You get 18's like you wanted, you get the low lows, youve got just enough space!

Posted
I dont think 6 15's are an option even though so many are picking it. Thats just over 4 cubes a sub NOT including port and sub displacement. Figure .25 ^3 per driver is another one and a half cubes gone plus port. Youll end up with 3 ^3 a driver. I dont think thats going to work well! Not to mention the power you will need! More motors= more power. More SPL yes but a lot more cost also! But with only 3 ^3 definitely not optimal! And your goal is music. Since you want 18's I would get the FI BL 18's. They dont require as much air space as the BTL so you can run them with about 5^3 per driver and they dont need as much power. You get 18's like you wanted, you get the low lows, youve got just enough space!

how about 8 12's?? type R's on 4k watts??

or 4 15's AA havocs on 4k watts

I'm an idiot....and don't know when to shut my mouth

Posted

Going to be really hard to get (4) 18's in a blow through. . .

(4) 15's gets my vote.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

Gonna have to agree, after port displacement, and the chamber where you mount your subs (if I'm reading the dimensions correctly) your gonna have just enough for 4 15s.

Larson

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2887 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...