New Twist on My Long Time Profession

I have not been very active with my posting, mostly because I don't typically post unless I have something specifically important or helpful to add to a thread. I've seen a few topics touching on the subject of solar power for audio and it doesn't seem like there is much there yet, at least nothing practical. Finally, however, it seems that solar on the home is now becoming financially practical. So, at work, given the change in the way many things have been going these days, we have decided to adapt in the best way we know how. So, for some off topic sharing:

My house - This is my company's most recent solar project, installed 7/2/2009

We left the rails long to allow me to add two more modules at a later date

CRSolarInstallation007.jpg

CRSolarInstallation010.jpg

CRSolarInstallation012.jpg

CRSolarInstallation013.jpg

One of our customers' hay barn - Installed 6/30/2009

CWSolarInstallation008.jpg

CWSolarInstallation014.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

so is it sorta like a hybrid car or does it run at certain times or what. thats pretty sweet.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

If I remember correctly, they charge the batts all the time there is sunlight if they have a battery, if not, I'm not sure of how they operate.

Looks good man!

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

Thanks.

It is a grid-interconnected solar photovoltaic system. The beauty is that it operates without batteries which significantly reduces the cost and the hassle. The solar system is the dominant power system and it is either utilized to serve the loads in the home or feeds back onto the utility grid if it generates any excess power and it is sold back to my retail electric provider. At night, or at times when the load is greater than what the solar system is generating, my normal utility service supplements it as necessary.

The modules have a 5 year warranty against defects, etc., plus a 10 year warranty that guarantees 90% their rated power and a 25 year warranty for 80% of their rated power.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Any website we can look at or anything detail info?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I dont care what the Rep- (well, I wont go there) Say, green energy is the way of the future, and will benefit jobs, and economy

I would love to get in to something like that cmrs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

My company is working on a website right now. It will probably be a couple of weeks before it is up and running. I can check with our renewable energy network and see if there is a reputable company in your area.

BJJ20logo20resize.png