• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you are, but in my state (Virginia) ANY modification to your car is technically illegal.

Exterior neons are illegal, and any light illuminating from your car (excluding radio, back seat tvs, and things like that) can get you pulled.

Any interior lighting, any type of video playing in view of the driver, illegal.

But, what you're asking...

LED interior lighting is illegal HERE. Again, not sure where you are, you would want to contact your local authority.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

You would just want to check with your authorities.

It varies from state to state.

In Arkansas underglow kits are fine but certain colors are illegal. And it sucks even worse when your town sits on two states..lol, half of our town sits on Arkansas, and the other half on Texas, so we have two too deal with =[

here in indiana as long as the lights arent flashing or strobing inside you're vehicle and so long as the tubes (whether LED or Neon) aren't visible you are okay.

Underglow, only certain solid colors are allowed.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Not sure where you are, but in my state (Virginia) ANY modification to your car is technically illegal.

Exterior neons are illegal, and any light illuminating from your car (excluding radio, back seat tvs, and things like that) can get you pulled.

Any interior lighting, any type of video playing in view of the driver, illegal.

But, what you're asking...

LED interior lighting is illegal HERE. Again, not sure where you are, you would want to contact your local authority.

I don't think its illegal, only if your in motion with them on. If you just chilling sitting still and have them on your fine, but not while moving.

Not quite sure if that is what your saying but yeah lol, its not illegal to mod your car, just as long as there not on while moving.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

I have worked with several states Highway Patrol and DMV authorities on projects for my lighting company. We produced illuminated signage for the sides of buses, backs of tractor trailors, and illuminated windows for show cars.

Anything can be legal as long as it is used and installed properly.

No one type of light form is outlawed. Manufactures are using LEDs more than anything these days.

Neons are legal

LEDs are legal

LEC is legal.

As long as a few guidelines are followed.

Exterior

1. exterior lighting must not flash or strobe.

2. colors yellow, red, and blue are reserved for emergency vehicles only.

3. Any visible light source must be located a minimum of 10" away from factory marker lights and or reflectors.

4. The brightness of the lights must not exceed 120cd at the source. (This is about the brightness of your cell phone screen)

Interior

1. The light emitted from any interior source must not emit more than 120cd brightness through the windows to the exterior of the car.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion