Second Skin Audio

need some hairtrick help

hey fellas how come no 1 suggested building a different enclosure for the subs 1st that may be a cheap alternative. Try an aeroport or T-line enclosure those r 2 of my persona

favorites talk to the guys on here though than can help u tremendously with jus bout everything u need they did for me.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

jeeps are cool- if you could pull off a Tline then more power to ya.

A box build will make the biggest difference- then stepping up woofers and power

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

you dont need to reply to your own thread every 2 minutes.

but to answer you, 2 12"s can do it. but it will take alotta power.

i have 8 12"s and 4800 watts rms

i havnt tried one yet. but its either alot of speakers or alot of power.

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

What kinda jeep do you have also? smaller the suv i'm going to guess the easier it would be to get the air to move. and like alot will tell you the box has ALOT to do with it. i got one of the smaller jeeps "Liberty" and i know once i build a box for my subs instead of a permade box i heard a huge change and feel the change as pressure in my ears and stuff moving more with the beat. honestly i myself would have to think it has alot to do with the size of your jeep. full sized jeep might need more cone area to do a hair trick then a small jeep would? could be wrong on that so don't hold me to it. but if you can fit 18's in a proper built box i would save for those and the amp to power them atleast to their rms rating and even if you don't do a hair trick you will be happy :)

ive got an 84 wagoneer 4 door its a little smaller than the modern grand cherokee. and i cant run my subs ported they dont move much on like anything above 35 hz and ive tried tuning them to different ones and nothing really works. they dont move enough and then they start to get hot and i almost blew them because of this. so i dont think i can do ported unless i get different subs and i like the way mine sound.and since i dont really have much cash cause i just started workin i look 4 deals and crutchfeild has a deal on the 15in fosgate p1s and could i maybe do a hairtrick with 2 of those and 4 p1 12s sealed?

Edited by kenton

right now i have an 84 jeep im only 15 and i just wanna make it sumtin to just show off to my friends. right now i have 2 fosgate p1 12s in it and its loud enough for now. i have about $300 that i can spend and i was lookin for subs that will help move more air and maybe make it louder. if i had the power i would probably get one of the fi 18s but the amps i have only have a max of about 600 watt but i have like 4 amps i can use would i b better off just saving my cash and gettin an 18 or 2 18s and have a high power amp?

I suggest you save up and do it right. Trust me it will pay off in the end. I rushed a few systems and ended up spending about 4 grand more than what I would have if would have saved up the first time.

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U