newls1 Posted July 9, 2009 Report Posted July 9, 2009 Looking to build my second box! This time it is for 4 18" BTL's and each BTL will have 2000w going to it. The box cant be anymore then 48wide, and 24 tall, but depth can be as deep as it needs to be. I'll leave it up to you "PROs" to tell me how much port it should be and other specs...sorry, im not good at boxes. If someone feels generous enough to help me out, I appreciate it. If you need more info, please let me know...... I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
newls1 Posted July 9, 2009 Author Report Posted July 9, 2009 How does this look? I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
smokeumtires Posted July 9, 2009 Report Posted July 9, 2009 Go with at least 320 Square inches of port...
newls1 Posted July 9, 2009 Author Report Posted July 9, 2009 ok, thanks bro....I'm redoing it now. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
EricR Posted July 9, 2009 Report Posted July 9, 2009 damn thats a big ass box lol. i would do the port more like 15x22. that'll give you 330 sqin. of port. i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
newls1 Posted July 9, 2009 Author Report Posted July 9, 2009 Is this better? Would this be "optimal" for these drivers? I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Decaf Posted July 9, 2009 Report Posted July 9, 2009 add bracing displacement to the sub disp to get correct tuning and volume since currently u arent accounting for bracing, which im assuming will be alot i would also use a different cut sheet... i like to put the pieces together like the re audio calc would make you also, u might gain quite a bit of efficiency and strength by using a slot port in the middle vs the port u have planned now edit* nevermind, not enough width... port on the bottom it is if you want i can do something on sketchup
AI James Posted July 9, 2009 Report Posted July 9, 2009 with power being used youll want a larger box then your last one you posted
thehoe92 Posted July 9, 2009 Report Posted July 9, 2009 I'm pretty sure you can get 49" out of the back of a Tahoe and with a larger thickness in wood that inch could help just my .02 since I'm still learning about building boxes as well Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
newls1 Posted July 9, 2009 Author Report Posted July 9, 2009 add bracing displacement to the sub disp to get correct tuning and volume since currently u arent accounting for bracing, which im assuming will be alot i would also use a different cut sheet... i like to put the pieces together like the re audio calc would make you also, u might gain quite a bit of efficiency and strength by using a slot port in the middle vs the port u have planned now edit* nevermind, not enough width... port on the bottom it is if you want i can do something on sketchup if you have the time, that sure would be great, and I would appreciate it. Thanks I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.