Idle/Voltage is off need suggestions

Lately I notice that my Idle when I am at a stop light or stop sign is not normal.. it is like there is a little shimmer in the idle. I don't know if it is do to all the stereo equipment that I have recently installed but I guess I cant rule it out. It has died on me a couple of time at a stop light but it would start right back up, Voltages look good at the battery too.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Hotdog

did u add an alternator?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

My car would act weird at idle and shut off at stop lights and it turned out my positive battery terminal was loose so you might want to check that.

Amp: Hifonics 1610D

Subs: 4 Kenwood 12's in 5 cubes at 37Hz

Mids and Highs: MTX 6x9's

Pioneer Headunit

did u add an alternator?

No have not added an Alternator or upgraded yet but that is my next step.

My car would act weird at idle and shut off at stop lights and it turned out my positive battery terminal was loose so you might want to check that.

I will check my Positive terminal tomorrow... Maybe that is the cause because I did see an error that said check the charging system... I though that maybe I popped a diode on my Alternator but it seems to be charging fine.

I dont mean to thread jack but is there a way of adjusting idle without screwin stuff up?

On most cars after 1996 you can adjust the idle with a scan tool such as the Genesis, if you can find a shop near you that has it they could do it for you, unless you wanna drop like 2-3 thousand dollars on a good one.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

On most cars after 1996 you can adjust the idle with a scan tool such as the Genesis, if you can find a shop near you that has it they could do it for you, unless you wanna drop like 2-3 thousand dollars on a good one.

Haha not. So idle is computer regulated ok. ill check around town.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Mine is a 95 and i can use a flat head screwdriver to adjust my idle on the fly :)

I've had the same problem for years- sometimes the car dies in N but will idle rough (but stay running) in D

sometimes it gets better- sometimes it gets worse- i have no clue why and i've pretty much givin up on finding the solution. when i stomp on the pedal fucker goes and thats all i really need it to do :)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Checked the Positive terminal this morning and it is tight and secure... Dont know if it could be the wiring itself I am looking for a better way to secure the wiring to the battery terminal itself. I like the distro block I have, but I am not happy with how the wires secure to the distro. where does everyone get there buss bar that they use on there positive terminal?