Sonic Electronix

2 subs in a trunk vs 4 subs in suv

Alright cool! Thought you had to do the build with only one sub for the bet.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

ok dimensions are

18" high

36/48" wide (strut towers/back of trunk)

30/36" long (top/bottom of seat)

and yes the bet is for a single sub but if when I'm ready to buy an amp and there happens to be a t4k for under $1k for sale I'm buying it then just saying fuck it and get 2 subs

I also need help figuring out how to make a box with sub forward and port through the rear deck. idk if I want to do a normal slot port or 2 aero ports through the stock speaker holes. either way I'm not sure how to place/build the port

explorers meter extremely well, watch what you bet.

Though he is running sealed and that is a very big disadvantage.

I have seen explorers with 2) 15s do 155s in ported box.

Jacob from sundown has a loud as fawk exploder.

His 1 15 was doing like 152s or 153s

any other input?

You have a shot at glory here. If your 1 sub is even in the same realm sound-wise as the Ex, then you are going to look like a hero. If he beats you, then it's because he has 4 15s and a truck.

Explorers are notoriously loud for bass. Even if you put 2 crappy 12s in an Ex, they are probably going to sound like somebody's 15s. The good thing is that you have a Honda, which is built pretty tight.

Does your boy's truck "look" louder than this?

I also need help figuring out how to make a box with sub forward and port through the rear deck. idk if I want to do a normal slot port or 2 aero ports through the stock speaker holes. either way I'm not sure how to place/build the port

Use the aero ports instead of a slot port for added port efficiency. You tune ports by making them longer or shorter. The longer you make them, the lower the tuning frequency (Fb). The bigger you make them (wider) then the longer they have to be to maintain the same low Fb.

Don't worry. Just get your ports and equipment and someone on here will help you with tuning, I'm sure.

lol he could only wish it sounded like that. his windshield barely moves and there is minimal movement from his hatch

holy shit this is what I've been looking for. a loud 2 door honda civic

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

lol he could only wish it sounded like that. his windshield barely moves and there is minimal movement from his hatch

If you get 1 15, then yours could be even louder than that. You would have more sub in a smaller car. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

FYI, that DAT amp should be on your short list.

Use the aero ports instead of a slot port for added port efficiency. You tune ports by making them longer or shorter. The longer you make them, the lower the tuning frequency (Fb). The bigger you make them (wider) then the longer they have to be to maintain the same low Fb.

Don't worry. Just get your ports and equipment and someone on here will help you with tuning, I'm sure.

I'm not worried about tuning, just how to place the ports, since I read often to keep aero ports as far away from the sub as possible. so should I use a 90 degree bend and put the entrance of the port near the back of the box?

If you get 1 15, then yours could be even louder than that. You would have more sub in a smaller car. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

FYI, that DAT amp should be on your short list.

yeah if I use a single sub like planned it will be the amp I get. if I use 2 subs the t4k is on the top of the list. I'm just looking to push 2000-2500 per sub

I'm not worried about tuning, just how to place the ports, since I read often to keep aero ports as far away from the sub as possible. so should I use a 90 degree bend and put the entrance of the port near the back of the box?

yeah if I use a single sub like planned it will be the amp I get. if I use 2 subs the t4k is on the top of the list. I'm just looking to push 2000-2500 per sub

No bends in those ports at all if you can help it. Bends just add friction to the port, which reduces its efficiency. Sometimes, its unavoidable, but you don't want to do it if you don't have to.

Archived