OrionStang Posted December 8, 2011 Report Posted December 8, 2011 Those guys use it because they're sponsored by it, just sayin'. But if you do try it, report on how it goes. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dwn4BassAlan Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 Ya, That's why I will have the L-glutamine pills, have you seen force factor though? I've looked it up, I know I don't know as much as you on this, but in comparison to what other suppliments contain, this shit seems pretty damn good. BJ Penn, Dereck Rose, and a quite a few other pro athletes have been using it for a while. LLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL thank god you asked here first! so Im sure if you have heard of F-F then youve heard about their "free trial" and how you only pay shipping and handling? well, 2 weeks later they charge you about $80 for a 4lb container of pills, and every 30 days they continue charging you, without telling you of course, the print it in their agreement that no one in the whole world reads, then you recieve their "free sample" which does absolutely nothing for you, I used the chem lab at school and found that those pills contain minuscule amount of nitric oxide, and I know OJ had nitric oxide in it, so I ran those and the OJ has plenty of NO per serving as a pre-workout to get oxygen flowing, while F-F barley contains any, its absolute BS they spoon feed you with lies about all their super athletes using it and all that crap, if you want NO, take some OJ before you workout..... and ForceFactor is literally the biggest supplement rip off I've ever heard of... check here -> http://supplementreviews.com/force-factor/force-factor Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Dwn4BassAlan Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 ^ yeah. well, research is key, I never use a supplement that hasnt had through testing that it actually reliable and that doesnt have pretty raging reviews on it, if it hasnt been out for a year, I wait, you want to learn about long term-side effects before you start to take it, look what happened to all those creatine users... oh its unbeatable and completely harmless, the perfect product! oh, but as long as you dont mind having no liver and being reliant on it for your whole weight-lifting career or else it will all basically go to waste! And things can be all hype, like ForceFactor, probably the most infamous of all supplement scams, you hear all about its greatness but never anything bad until AFTER you buy it haha, so make sure you check first, GNC will absolutely lie to your face so trusting local shops is better. In any case the best assure is self-research, look at health reports, FDA tests(if its amino-acids especially), and reviews from legit workout sights from REAL athletes/trainers, not some guy who imagined he got incredible results, it should be pretty easy to tell whats real and not, off the top of my head some things that I think are good are ALL Vitasports, jack3d is alright, afteglow, glutalyn, all whey's (but remember, carbs are best, protein is the hardest for of energy for your body to use and it goes both ways: Protein foods are very thermogenic, so simply put, it requires more energy to digest protein. The human body has to work 30% harder to digest protein foods then it does to digest and process carbs and fats. For this reason, a high protein diet boosts your metabolism and aids in fat loss.) so dont use protein if trying to gain weight quickly, ALSO it is just hard on your body to use it, i suggest about an as even ratio of carbs:protein as you can get, for max. results. But you DO WANT ENOUGH PROTEIN because a steady stream of protein insures a proper nitrogen balance, and a positive nitrogen balance allows your body to be in “muscle repair mode”. The faster your muscles repair, the faster you recover, and contradictory, undereating protein foods creates a negative nitrogen balance. In this state, it will take longer to recover. (the only reason you want extra protein is if its essential for your goal like --> athletes who have frequent workouts, or for athletes who are losing fat.) Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Landon75 Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 at your age an increase of 10 lbs a month per lift is an obtainable goal... Yeah if I get a good week of hitting the gym and some decent rest I can add about 5-10 pounds per lift a week usually it's about 5 lbs a week for bench but a good week it's 10. Usually my leg workouts and back workouts I gain a bit faster I'm not exactly sure how much a week. As for my goal of 315 in bench by the 21st is a little far off my have to push it back to new years. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed and it set me back a week. Worst week ever I couldn't eat and when I went back the gym I felt so weak cause I hardly ate anything but I'm back to normal now I have been improving in bench I got 275 tonight that's my personal best and I was pretty pumped but still far from my goal so I got some more work to do.
Twostrokeking Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 3 months after pics Dude holy shit! I'm 15, not fat but not skinny, how do I get like you My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
OrionStang Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 You don't max out every week, do you Landon? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Landon75 Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 Oh and my main reason for going to the gym is because I like that feeling of accomplishment when you get your new max and just trying to be active and healthy. Another reason is the looks it's not my main goal but it's a pretty nice bonus. I honestly could care less what people think of me as long as I feel good about myself. And I just wanna be strong I guess, it makes it easier to do most things if you got some horsepower Anyway that's enough of that just thought I'd just put it out there
Landon75 Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 You don't max out every week, do you Landon? No way Jose lol every 2 week maybe more but I work on chest every week but a do like regular bench and flies one week then the next I'll do incline and decline bench/flies the next. When I do regular Bench I try to get at least ten reps of like say 205 then like now I can get 225 a solid 5 times and next time I'll try for 10 reps ( probably get like 7-8 ) when I reach ten I try for another higher weight for 10 reps and on
OrionStang Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 I'm gonna suggest a simple workout that will make you strong quick. Bench twice a week on Monday and Thursday. 5 sets of bench, reps are 10-10-8-5-5, going as heavy as you can and still hitting all the reps. Then incline bench, 4x10 heavy as you can. Next do military press, 4x10. Finish with db or cable flys. Do this for 4-6 weeks, and retest your max. Go back to once a week after. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Landon75 Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 Dude holy shit! I'm 15, not fat but not skinny, how do I get like you dude start hitting the gym now. my advice is do some research on workout routines keep it light and dont hurt yourself just because you wanna look cool to your buddies and try and lift something insane. If your school has a gym id say stay after if you could and workout for free unless you parents are up to you getting a membership at a gym (i think most gyms is 16 to be alone and anything younger is with a parent)or you might have weights at your own house idk. but mainly work at your own pace get some whey protein and thats it dont go for all that pre-workout stuff until you a little older and its just better to not be as dependent on it if you dont have to. also if you cant get to any gyms just buy a couple of dumbells and do some workouts at your own house like pushups ect. oh and if people make fun of you for being "weak" (as i was made fun of) just use it as motivation to get stronger and dont let it get to you. It also depends on you goals if you want to be buff or athletic, but just make sure you do you research on how to properly lift and be careful, put your motivation to you own health as you would to car audio and your truck. just my thoughts, im sure there someone with better advice on the supplements though id take it easy with those until a little later.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.