optical Posted December 19, 2011 Report Posted December 19, 2011 Well making progress. Was able to do 3x10 with 50's incline dumbbell press. Needed a little assistance on the last rep of last set but not much. Only problem now is that the max dumbbell weight is 50 pounds. Should i go buy heavier ones or should i try to do more reps with the 50's? such as 3x15 ?
OrionStang Posted December 19, 2011 Report Posted December 19, 2011 Well making progress. Was able to do 3x10 with 50's incline dumbbell press. Needed a little assistance on the last rep of last set but not much. Only problem now is that the max dumbbell weight is 50 pounds. Should i go buy heavier ones or should i try to do more reps with the 50's? such as 3x15 ? I would suggest a cheap gym membership. There will be a lot of deals come New Years. Otherwise, you have to buy more and more weights over time as you get stronger. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted December 19, 2011 Report Posted December 19, 2011 Well, I was able to get 5 legal parallel reps on squat with 365 today. Damn knee hurts and ankle is so unstable, its like I only have one leg. Fucking high school kids next to me repping like 450. Bullshit. Jay, I think its time to hang 'em up lol. Just work upper body, be one of bird-legged buff guys Hope you get fixed up, bro. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
nautical7 Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 Anyone here ever had luck with building muscle yet also burning fat, or do you guys just stick with bulk then cut?
Siete_Cinqo Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 Well, I was able to get 5 legal parallel reps on squat with 365 today. Damn knee hurts and ankle is so unstable, its like I only have one leg. Fucking high school kids next to me repping like 450. Bullshit. Jay, I think its time to hang 'em up lol. Just work upper body, be one of bird-legged buff guys Hope you get fixed up, bro. Ken, wrap those knee's up and tape up that hoof. Then stack the plates on that damn bar!! Lol! Anyone here ever had luck with building muscle yet also burning fat, or do you guys just stick with bulk then cut? It can be easily done if you are a fat pig to start with. Get's a little harder once the initial fat is gone. And damn near impossible if you are a skinny SOB. Random vids of the Avalanche My link Team Bass-Hz
nautical7 Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 Well I'm only 5'9 175 so not a lot to burn just a little here n there. I figured for bigger guys it'd be a little easier. Would running a few times a week hurt while trying to gain?
Siete_Cinqo Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 I'm guessing you have never been very active or one to exercise often. If so, if I were you, hit the weights hard for 6 weeks with out cardio. After the 6 weeks pass, take a look at your body and see where you want to go from there. Random vids of the Avalanche My link Team Bass-Hz
OrionStang Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 Well I'm only 5'9 175 so not a lot to burn just a little here n there. I figured for bigger guys it'd be a little easier. Would running a few times a week hurt while trying to gain? Fuck running unless your a marathon runner lol. You lift hard enough, you shouldn't need much cardio. How old are you? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
nautical7 Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 I'm guessing you have never been very active or one to exercise often. If so, if I were you, hit the weights hard for 6 weeks with out cardio. After the 6 weeks pass, take a look at your body and see where you want to go from there. Why do you say that? Up until about a year ago I was always active. Played baseball for 12 years and after that I played basketball all the time. Fuck running unless your a marathon runner lol. You lift hard enough, you shouldn't need much cardio. How old are you? 21. But for the career I'm trying to get into I need to keep active with running and keep up a sub-8 minute mile run.
Siete_Cinqo Posted December 21, 2011 Report Posted December 21, 2011 I said that because you are asking a very basic question. And Lol at baseball and active being put in the same sentence... Random vids of the Avalanche My link Team Bass-Hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.