Jump to content

Weightlifting/ Workout


Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't see any shoulder work.

Swap chest and leg day if your focus is bench.

New 'bench' day to replace 'chest & tris' day.

Flat bench 5 sets of 5 (find the weight)

Incline barbell press 3 sets of 8

DB flys 3 sets of 8 (alternate flat and incline each week)

Dip machine 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 HEAVY

Tricep Pressdown 2 sets with a weight where you fail around 15 reps

Day 5 can still be a core day, but add direct shoulder work.

Seated barbell overhead press, pyramid until you get used to it 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 5, 4. Will change to 5x5 like bench when strength comes up.

DB lateral raises 3x10

Bent over DB lateral raises 3x10 for rear delts(can substitute with reverse pec-deck on occasion

On leg day and back day, add another heavy set to squat and dead lift. Try not to go all the way to failure, (if you know you can get 4 do it, but don't try a fifth unless you know for sure you can get it).

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

thank you, new workouts gives me new motivation.

For dips the place i go doesnt have a machine, we just have the regular ol 2 handles 5-6 feet off the ground. And for the weight. i am able to put on a vest that weighs 20 lbs, How would i go about adding more weight.

Posted

thank you, new workouts gives me new motivation.

For dips the place i go doesnt have a machine, we just have the regular ol 2 handles 5-6 feet off the ground. And for the weight. i am able to put on a vest that weighs 20 lbs, How would i go about adding more weight.

Hold a dumbbell between your ankles.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

What are some workouts to build my upper chest? I'm seeing gains in my lower pecs and on the side but it slopes down fast and becomes nearly flat at the top. Is there anything I can do besides inclined bench and fly?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Posted

Start your workout with Incline bench and incline fly's. Then do flat bench and finish with cable crossovers from the low setting.

I will give it a try. Maybe I just need more time. I have been working out and running 4-5 times a week for 4 weeks now and just started to really see results. So maybe I just need to be patient.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Posted

Damn, I want to look like that haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Posted

Damn, I want to look like that haha

Don't we all. Yea nice work Optical.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...