Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

help decide between 2 enclousures


doug118

Recommended Posts

Posted

decisions. what do you guys think

design #1

doug118-11.jpg

doug118-12.jpg

or design #2

doug118-21.jpg

doug118-23.jpg

how big of a difference would these 2 be decibel wise? like a direct swap from 1 to the other? and which one do you think would sound better for music?

edit: almost forgot, thanks footlongsam for the 2 designs

plans for setup are as follows

2 12" dc level 4xl's

1 3000-4000 watt amp. whichever I can get when ready to purchase, either sundown 3000, rf t4000.1, or american bass vfl 400.1

3 batteries

200amp alt

this is all going into a 2dr honda civic, subs and port forward sealed off from the trunk

Posted

facing forward..if you have the port to the driver side it would do slightly better at the dbdrags with the port at the opposite side as the mic. with the port on the pass. side it would be louder at the drivers seat. port in the middle would be a compromise of the other locations. depends if you want to get that last db at the drags.

Posted

good looking designs. tuff call. I think that design 1 the subs would load better and creat more pressure, but design 2 the subs would be better matched and less cancelation. but I could be wrong. I depends on what you want.. loud or good sound

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Posted

i say designs two

one- i like the cosmetic look of it

two- i think the bracing will be stronger in the smaller area chambers

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Posted

I was leaning more towards number 2 so that helped that most said #2. depending on how much I can score some mdf for and how well the box gets built, I may build #1 shortly after and see which one sounds better to the ear. sound is top priority, I'm sure the numbers will be decent either way

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2673 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...