As the title said..

You know when you start your vehicle up in the morning it always idles a little higher until it heats up. Well I was wondering if it would be possible to trick the system into thinking that it has not heated up yet there for keeping your idle a little higher. Or as far as that goes being able to hook a switch up to it to turn it off or on. Also what are the possibilities of hooking something up that you could turn your idle up or down like a volume knob?

You know how some people will put there foot on the peddle to get there rpm's up when there trying to get another DB.

This is just a thought... but there would be benefits to a mod like this... like you would not have to be in the car to control the rpm with your foot.

:01nocomment8so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHV_Qr65Cxo :01nocomment8so:

Ahhh... so I am not the first to think of this :)

So how is it done... please share

thats a good idea. thik this cable would work?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...970_35053_35053

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

just a cable that connects to my throttle. when i turn it, it unscrews the handle out, pulling the cable tight in my engine bay increasing the idle.

Pretty simple, but they cost around $75 for the cable.

You could get the same effect with a piece of string im sure :)

That is proof that sometimes the solution is real simple... thank you

now its got my mind clicking...

power antenna clipped to length with a switch and a cable to turn rpm from 2000 to standard idle at a flip of a switch...

That is proof that sometimes the solution is real simple... thank you

now its got my mind clicking...

power antenna clipped to length with a switch and a cable to turn rpm from 2000 to standard idle at a flip of a switch...

you could try that may work.

The other cable you showed is like a brake cable on a bike. It may work, but most likely not.

Main reason behind that is because you will need to find something to keep tension on the cable to hold the rpm steady.

Another thing is that that cable is very flimsy and flexible where as what I got is rigid, I have mine bent in a L shape to hook behind my intake, so its not bolted or screwed to anything. but when I turn it, it pulls my throttle open by hooking on the intake.

If you attach a cable perminatly to your intake, one thing your going to have to take into consideration is the cable will have to move freely with little to no pressure, or you will get a very stiff gas pedal.

which is why I went and did some custom bends in the wire itself to have it always come back to a rest position that will easily slide in and hook up every time :)

They have this done on certain vehicles with power take offs and such that need the engine to be at a higher RPM.

I'll look around, I'll see what I can find myself. I've noticed it on some vehicles at work and thought of putting it on my truck or jeep, so you dont have to hold your foot down.

The ones I see, you push a button in the middle and pull out on them.

you should be able to go to any decent online car racing store IE summitracing.com .. You can buy a module thats used for drag racing and it has set modes if your car has EFI and a TPS. It's simple, you wire it in, and program the rpms you want each button to do. In my Chevy for drag racing I have it set for 2500rpm burns and 3krpm for staging. Works real well. I will be putting one on my ford once I get my dual alternators.

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order