Sonic Electronix

aight so I needed a drop-in system to hold me over for a while, and I didn't want to comprimise the room in my truck

my setup up

2 kicker CVR 10s

Phoenix Gold 800.1 class D

the Kicker CVRs are wired for a 2ohm load

The amp is 2 ohm stable

however when I crank the volume 90% or more the amp will clip

Then if I am beatin' at say about volume 80% and the notes drop to a low bass the amp will clip

Protection light doesn't come on (to my knowledge) I can see the amp when I look back

The power light turns back on, and the system will start back beating after I turn the volume all the way down for about 5-10seconds.

other symptoms: head lights and cluster dims at night

I've checked the gains on the amp, and i'm not running them balls out, I usually keep them fairly low and use the HU volume to comprimise.

sounds like voltage drop

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

how are your grounds?

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

bass boost was set as equal as possible to the gains as not to override, again not set to balls out, this was one of the first things I checked.....but I will look again to make sure nothing is over looked

I haven't put a multimeter on it yet (haven't had access to one, mine broke) but according the cluster when the bass hits....i'm not getting a drop on the voltometer guage (amp might be a different story) This was the first thing I thought....is there any other way I could check this, if not i guess i'll go by and pick up another one......

my grounds are good, nice and big and short, these were also checked....

did you do the big 3 up front?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

what size is your power wire running to the back?

tried replacing your starting battery? and adding 1 in the back?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

did you do the big 3 up front?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

what size is your power wire running to the back?

tried replacing your starting battery? and adding 1 in the back?

haven't done the big III.

1/0 going to the back, haven't replaced my starting battery, and haven't added a battery.....i could be wrong but i think 2 batteries might be overkill, eh?

aight so I needed a drop-in system to hold me over for a while, and I didn't want to comprimise the room in my truck

my setup up

2 kicker CVR 10s

Phoenix Gold 800.1 class D

the Kicker CVRs are wired for a 2ohm load

The amp is 2 ohm stable

however when I crank the volume 90% or more the amp will clip

You shouldnt crank it that loud, most of the time the headunits signal clips at 65-80% the total volume number... so you are clipping the signal before it goes to ur amp

Then if I am beatin' at say about volume 80% and the notes drop to a low bass the amp will clip

The lower the note, especially if its close to the tune frequency of the box, is when impedence is at its lowest, thus the most amount of power can be dished into the sub, and it doesnt sound like ur amp likes that

Protection light doesn't come on (to my knowledge) I can see the amp when I look back

The power light turns back on, and the system will start back beating after I turn the volume all the way down for about 5-10seconds.

other symptoms: head lights and cluster dims at night

This is because you do not have a sufficient eletrical to support the power... you need a dry cell audio battery under the hood to replace the stock bat.... a dry cell or deep cycle has more reserve power for long bass notes, a starter battery has alot of current but not for as long as a deep cycle... secondly you would need a higher output alternator to recharge the batteries before they get drained by another bass note.... so a more powerful amp will only make the problem worse... third you might even need a second battery in the back...

you need to check ur voltage drop with a dmm, likely u are below 10volts...

im surprised ur subs sound fine clipping like this, u should be able to hear how bad they sound if they amp is doing this

and u are possitive the subs are wired to 2ohms?

I've checked the gains on the amp, and i'm not running them balls out, I usually keep them fairly low and use the HU volume to comprimise.

The headunit is not for compromising... reset gains using 70-75% the total volume u can turn it up.... no bass boost at all in anyway either amp or headunit, flat eq for the low end... subsonic at 30hz, low pass at 80hz, 0 phase....

what headunit are you using?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i had this same problem where my shit would turn off until i turned the volume down ... my problems were a loose power wire and a loose ground smh ... the guy i went to to help me install the wires for my 4 channel somehow blew my fuse and used a wire twist thing to connect the two power wire pieces together ... shit melted and my wire was pretty fucked .... and as far as my ground ... i guess the bass just shook it loose.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R