Second Skin Audio

Need input on a sub choice... Please

I am stepping down from the boom boom club, and focusing on sound quality now since I'm old. I use to drive with 8 10s daily then to a single 12, now the choice is between the JL Audio 6w3v3 6.5" subwoofer or the Arc Audio 8d2 8" subwoofer. What ever the choice is it will be in a T-line in a Trailblazer @ 4 ohms powered by the sub channell of a Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300 putting out 300 watts. The rest of the system includes an Alpine IVA-W200 source unit with an Alpine PXA-H701 processor. MB Quart QSC 216 6.5"s in the kick panels w/ the tweets at +/- 0. I also have MTX TS-1000 solk domes in the dash wired parrallel with the tweets in the kick but the dash is at -6 dB. There is a set of MB uart QSC 1646.5 mid-bass woofers in the front doors. Eclipse SE8365 6.5"s in the rear doors. The front stage is powered off of the Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300 at 4 ohms, while the rear doors are powered by a Memphis 16-MC3004 also at 4 ohms. I need help making the decision on the sub. I was looking into a DD1508, but I don't know if it would be as geared toward SQ as I am wanting.

JL Audio 6w3v3 6.5" subwoofer

Free Air Resonance (Fs): 41.80 Hz

Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.533

Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 11.027

Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.508

One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.35 in. / 8.89 mm

Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 80.49 dB SPL

Effective Piston Area (Sd): 17.36 in. sq. / 0.0112 sq. m

Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm

Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 150W

Arc Audio 8d2 8" subwoofer

Free Air Resonance (Fs): 22.7 Hz

Electrical “Q” (Qes): .317

Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 3.331

Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): .289

Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 1.7

One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 15mm

Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 85.4 dB

Effective Piston Area (Sd):

Nominal Impedance: 1 or 4 ohm

Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 150W

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If I want to pound on it a little I can slap in a Mojo 12" in the t-line or 8 MTX 5500 10"s... so dont worry about me not beating up the block. I'm old not dead.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

What.... no one cares to help a knee grow out!?!?

sorry boss. i think you fail on both choices and my guess is others agree. thats why no one fays anything.

could be wrong though...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

sorry boss. i think you fail on both choices and my guess is others agree. thats why no one fays anything.

could be wrong though...

thanks for ur input

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

personally homeboy i would go with the 8 i just dont see the 6.5 having enough ass to fill that large cabin space of the trailblazer but thats my .02. If it were me id go with a single 10 in that big ass truck.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

hey i just did a sketchup model for an 8w3v3 single 4ohm.. but im not sure on my math.. if i pm the sketchup to you can you check it out for me.. .. i was also thinkin the 6w3v3.. but it didnt seem like there would be enough cone area like SLAB said..

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

i dont see either going ya any good...you may be stepping down but i would go minimal of a 10 inch

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!