Explosivesound Posted July 14, 2009 Report Posted July 14, 2009 I have an 18" Atomic APX. Atomic recommends 6 cubes tuned to 32hz. with 5000rms. Ive decided to do a wall (well the wife finally said I could. LOL.) So it will be more like 10 cubes ported to 32hz. With the extra cubes, what amp should I mate to it? I know the larger the box the more efficient and less power but I have no clue what I should run to it in this box. Thanks for any help!!
Explosivesound Posted July 14, 2009 Author Report Posted July 14, 2009 I actually have 26.95 ^3 to work with so can I put the one 18 in a 20^3 net wall?
kirill007 Posted July 14, 2009 Report Posted July 14, 2009 No it is waaaay to big, the sub will act like it's free air-ing. That will lower the RMS rating a lot, don't know how much. You should better do a normal box or get a second and third sub. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
aznboi3644 Posted July 15, 2009 Report Posted July 15, 2009 if the enclosure is bigger than the subwoofers Vas than the only control is from the suspension and hardly any acoustic suspension at all.
oldschool Posted July 15, 2009 Report Posted July 15, 2009 in 10 cubes for daily i would run between 1500 and 2000 watts the only thing i do not like about huge boxes is that the subs spiders suffer from fatigue sooner than later. TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC. 156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY W/1 SUB & 2AMPs score done on a termlab mic in the kick on the dash sealed was 154
Derrick824 Posted July 15, 2009 Report Posted July 15, 2009 How about you just run the sub in the recommended enclosure? That would be the best thing to do.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.