Second Skin Audio

Redid my box but still have a problem

ok on the last note of I Put On still sounds bad... i redid the port and used the RE Enclosure Calculator to tune the port to 36HZ and that last note on I Put On still sounds like it is bottoming out and i have my amp set right and i have it set to rms rating for the speaker put on it...

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/09/woofer09_1500.asp

http://www.mmxpress.com/eclipse/amplifiers.htm

i have the eclipse 33230 and i have it hooked up where one voice coil goes to right channel and the other voice coil goes to the left channel...

which of those cant be put at 1 ohm? dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm?

That kind of sub doesn't has a dual 2 ohm configuration, only dual 4 ohm or single 4 ohm.

ps6435:

Did you set you're gains right on the amp?( with a dmm or a o-scope)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

That kind of sub doesn't has a dual 2 ohm configuration, only dual 4 ohm or single 4 ohm.

ps6435:

Did you set you're gains right on the amp?( with a dmm or a o-scope)

yes i did i was told to use a 45 hz bass tone and turn the amp down all the way then turn up until u get to a certain metet reading...

I'm curious how you "redid" the port. What are you're exact box specs? That last note is way lower than your 36hz box tune. Playing below tuning = bottoming out sub.

okay i redid my port by basically taking the top of box off and undoing the port pieces the used calculator to tune it to the correct frequency... my box was tuned to 45hz before and now its tuned to about 36hz...

I'm curious how you "redid" the port. What are you're exact box specs? That last note is way lower than your 36hz box tune. Playing below tuning = bottoming out sub.

my box is 30x15x15 and the port is 3.5" wide by 25 long total which means its tuned to 38 hz based on the re L port calculator...