Past few days I have been googling electric cars, and how they are put together, honestly they don't look to hard, and don't look as expensive as you would think.

I seen a post somewhere , where a guy converted a geo I think to electric for about $650

I figure with all the guys here, high power set ups, multiple batteries, etc, there might have been other people thinking of this

I have been thinking I might want to make a really simple go cart of some sort, and progress from there

As far as on board charging, I was thinking when you coast or break, there can be a alternator that activates at every wheel, when the alternators activate, they will cause resistance, slowing it down- so there is brakes, at least- Slow downs.. lol

Imagine everytime you coast down a hill, you have a 250amp alt charging your batteries, from every wheel, or at least 2 wheels, so you should be able to charge your batteries about 25% of the time

anyone else ever thought about messing around and making an electric go cart, or car conversion?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i've been thinking about shit like that... but there's sooooooo much math/physics that u need to look at to get it to run efficiently

but from what i hear, the most efficient way of storing energy is mechanically, not electrochemically, by the use of a large fly wheel. google it if u want.

well, Iam thinking of go karts first

large fly wheels?

Electric motors are so much funner than gas, just for the pure torque, instantly

just have in mind a really fast go cart, with just a 8- 10hp 48v DC motor or something, really light, and just jam down the street a few times a week. I have a few 2cycle bikers on my street, they get kind of annoying with all that winning and shit, but it looks fun.

I figured the alternators at the wheels would be good, since the fact alternators are not always turned on, all the time, I could use the same concept with assisted charging

probably start off using bike gears and test with ratios that work the best

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I need to look in to that, I know your common dc motor, spinning it automatically creates current

I dont know, just now looking all this up

I like this motor here, to bad I cant just toss around $1k

http://cgi.ebay.com/120V-43HP-DC-ELECTRIC-...6#ht_1675wt_899

sundown.jpg

i know for a fact that the prius charges while you coast. so your idea is already in use and may be under patent. might want to be careful about that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have been thinking of building electric car, but with the range is what make me not do it. If there were more generators and/ altnerators to charge the system while drive to extend the range, I would build on.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power.