Second Skin Audio

Rockford T1 vs T2 quick question

Hotdog

Would the Rockford Fosgate T1 and T2 subs sound the same if you are putting the same power to each sub?

I know the T2 is capable of handeling more rms/peak watts

anyone that has heard both on the same wattage could you please let me know from your experience what you noticed the most about each one.

talk to chode, i think he has owned both. I dunno if he ever gave them the same power though. Well we know for a fact that the mag will be bigger on the T2, but whether that affects performance at lower power is beyond me ;)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

depends how much power...i see your running a T10001bd if your going to use that i would do 2 of the T1s over a single T2

as far as same power...if your underpowering a T2 but pushing a T1 to its limits the T1 will sound a little louder...its SLIGHTLY more effiecient and the suspension just doesnt seem as tight though there the same. My T2s that i just took out STILL have a stiff suspension though i pounded on them for the past year. T1s break in a lot faster...

so the main question is power...depends how much power....

750 watts and below T1...anything above that T2

1 more thing at lower power the T2s still sound great and pound. so if you plan on more power later on just step up to the T2.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

depends how much power...i see your running a T10001bd if your going to use that i would do 2 of the T1s over a single T2

as far as same power...if your underpowering a T2 but pushing a T1 to its limits the T1 will sound a little louder...its SLIGHTLY more effiecient and the suspension just doesnt seem as tight though there the same. My T2s that i just took out STILL have a stiff suspension though i pounded on them for the past year. T1s break in a lot faster...

so the main question is power...depends how much power....

750 watts and below T1...anything above that T2

1 more thing at lower power the T2s still sound great and pound. so if you plan on more power later on just step up to the T2.

Thanks Chode.. that was a nice explanation. I have been looking at your T2 15's and your avatar :)

That is the main reason I asked this question.

If you happen to still have thoes T2's in September I will get 2 of them... but I have to get electrical done this month.

Hate it when you have to decide between a good deal or a Must have

haha when your ready let me know...i doubt ill have them but if i do they will have your name on them..also no prob...when i saw T1 vs T2 i was like...:glasses on: IM ON IT :D

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

haha when your ready let me know...i doubt ill have them but if i do they will have your name on them..also no prob...when i saw T1 vs T2 i was like...:glasses on: IM ON IT :D

Yea I really want T2's but with my current set up I am pushing 1500+ RMS through Stock battery and Stock Alt. its a 135amp alt.

So I was thinking get the electrical done this month and jump on T2's next month.

last thing I want to do is pop all the diodes on my stock alt.

Plan on getting a Mechman 250 Rhino alt and XS 3100 this month ... but if by chance you have them next month consider them 2 of them T2's gone cause I will be on them like a fat kid in a candy store.

I remember back in the day before Dual voice coils even came out I had 2 Pro series RF 12's, how do the t1 or t2 today compare to the Old Pro series subs from the early 90's?

I don't know what was the deal back then but those Pro series 12's I had sounded so loud and awesome...the P2's I have now don't even compare to them. I knew the P2's were not on the same level but I did not think it made that much of a difference. maybe it was the perfect box I don't know been so long ago.

Archived