Sundown Audio

Concerns/questions on my choices for amp powering 4 18" BTL's

newls1

OK, been doing all sorts of looking around, and am trying to make up my mind on my amp/s choice for this new build of mine. I am going with 4 18" BTL's, but here are my limitations as of right now. Obviously this is some expensive equipment, and I wont have in budget (take a few months) to add more batts. I currently have 2 DEKA Intimidators Group31's in the rear (They seem to be great batts for the money) Deka intimidator under the hood (All these batts are AGM tech) I have 2 alts (both will be 300+A each) and 2 runs of 0ot power going from front to rear. I can always add 1-2 more runs, that is no problem at all, but my issue lies on this: I need someone smarter then I to help me understand what will be "Less harsh" on my electrical. Do I run 4 amps, 2 amps, or 1 large mofo? My limit for amp money will be ~1500$ of course less would be better. So far here is a quick list of what im thinking.

1. 4x AQ2200d's

2. 2x AQ3500d's

3. 1x DAT 8.1 (This is more money of course)

4. 2 x RF T4000.1bd's (I would have to get used, and I dont like that)

5. 4x USAmps MD3D's (I already have 1)

The options for amps here could be endless, so i'm looking for a knowledgeable opinion please. I want to do this right the first time, and have no regretes when I'm done. I'm hoping I can get away with only 2 rear batts for a short term, and will 600a of current would be enough to satisfy everything? If I have to swing a 3rd alt, no biggie. I'll get the additional arm from DC Power, and swing a stock alt as well, so that would net me ~735-750a of current. Thank you guys, much appricated!

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I would go with the DAT 8.1..

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

get the DAT 8.1 please! :) You sell your other 18's yet?

18"s I think are sold, im waiting for the person to PM me back. I am really leaning toward the DAT. I'd rather put money in the pockets of david/bill, and who ever else is involved with DAT, than a huge corporation.....

**EDIT** want a demo when this is done? It should get nice and loud, or atleast I hope.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

18"s I think are sold, im waiting for the person to PM me back. I am really leaning toward the DAT. I'd rather put money in the pockets of david/bill, and who ever else is involved with DAT, than a huge corporation.....

**EDIT** want a demo when this is done? It should get nice and loud, or atleast I hope.

that would be awesome...I should hear you from here.....any idea when this will get finished?

Yeah David and Bill have been awesome guys to deal with. I know they are really working to make great products and their customer service is top notch.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

haha yeah it fucking will. I think in cornelia on the 1st is IASCA so you need to bring that shit out if you are done by then. On the 24th of october there is a huge greg walsh memorial IASCA car show with 60+ classes and like 130 trophies

soundigital 12kd(i know its outside of ur budget, but its soo nice)

7.5v-18v!

12000 - 12.6v rated rms

18000 - 16v

20000 - 17v

sweet resetable multi protections with an led for each offense.... tiny foot print... assman will have 2

get this amp and u have room to grow

so Dat 8.1 ftw

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg