Second Skin Audio

My Custom Box Idea For Two 10's and One 12

Whats good everybody. I got this crazy idea that im thinking of putting in my 94 Ford Crown Victoria. Right now I have two MA Audio 10's rated at 350 watts RMS. So I was gonna buy a FI 18 with a RF T-4000 but I figured more subs more cone space. So I went to my local sub shop where I got my tens from and I see a Pioneer TS-W5102SPL sittin in the corner. Its rated at 2500 watts RMS but I did my research and saw that they can handle much more. So I ask him how much he wants for it and he says he'll let it go for 400 because he cant get rid of it. So im stuck with this situation where I can have two 10's and one 12 with a max RMS of 3200 watts. With the RF T-4000 ill have more than enough power. Im thinking it will knock like crazy or do you guys think I should go another direction.

I came up with this box design but I can use all the help I can get.

Enclosure.jpg

Edited by fikedemon

Sounds like a bad idea. Mixing different brands and sizes of subs and putting them in the same box. What are the voice-coil configs of the different subs? How would you wire it up. How are you going to wire 2 subs that take 350 watts along with a sub that takes 2500+ to the same monoblock amp? It's not going to work. You'd be better off just running the Pioneer and ditching the 10s.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Say bro. Listen to everyone here. Just read up some more there's a lot of good info on here. But I wouldnt buy a t4000 or a sub that takes 2500+rms, cause I dont think your ready for something like that yet. Please dont take this the wrong way.

It's a poor idea, sorry.

As above, you'd be better to just do the 12 in a really good box. But $400 is 15" BTL money and that'll kick the shit out of a Pioneer every day of the year.

x2....get the btl those things are sweet

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

Say bro. Listen to everyone here. Just read up some more there's a lot of good info on here. But I wouldnt buy a t4000 or a sub that takes 2500+rms, cause I dont think your ready for something like that yet. Please dont take this the wrong way.

x2 No offense but it doesn't sound like you have very much experience with this stuff. I wouldn't go with that kinda power til you got some installs and trial and error under your belt. And welcome to the forum.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

x2 No offense but it doesn't sound like you have very much experience with this stuff. I wouldn't go with that kinda power til you got some installs and trial and error under your belt. And welcome to the forum.

X3...Stick with something 1000 Watts RMS or lower.

you should get a 12" that handles 1000 Watts RMS

or

2 10" Subs that handle about 500 each.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

X3...Stick with something 1000 Watts RMS or lower.

you should get a 12" that handles 1000 Watts RMS

or

2 10" Subs that handle about 500 each.

LOL...Thanks for blessing me in the forum but to put it correctly to you guys I've been installing subs, amps and most recently carputers in my cars since I was 16. Now granted im no expert and im no big baller. I've seen and heard cars in my area with 10's 12's and 15's installed mixed and matched and they still wang like crazy. Its not uncommon as you think. Now as far as my build I just wanted your opinion on the box. You think its a bad idea thats cool but dont insult me with this I think you can only handle 1000 watts rms crap so stick with that lol.

Edited by fikedemon

that pioneer is one of the best subs out....scott owens broke some iasca records with that shit doing 180+db

if you know what youre doing and that guy will give it to you for 400 bux, build a nice box and wang with a single 12. and obviously dont go by pioneer specs, they're ridiculously off of what you should do.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC