Video Editing Programs?

the trick to making videos come out good is color correction.

spend most of your time color correcting the video because most likely...

a.) it is not accurate to what you actually shot and

b.) you can set the mood with it and style the video the way you want.

another thing that makes videos look good is editing on beat thats why when I heard get money from decaf's list I knew it would be easy because of the synth in the background being so dominant throughout the song.

take your time when you edit the videos and make things seamless the worst thing you can do is have cheesy transitions and hard cut.

make it flow.

I would definitely recommend Sony Vegas if you are just getting started because it is pretty easy to learn and then once you get the money for a mac and final cut studio you will have basics and you can work from there.

pinnacle studio is a NO GO do not even think about downloading it.

I got the studio version free with my camera and it ran very slow was not compatible with my camera and would crash every time I tried to use it.

if you guys have any more questions about this stuff PM me lol back before I got into car audio I wanted to be involved with movies so I researched the shit out of every aspect just like car audio.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I use sony vegas pro 9 (platinum)

its 1000x better then WMM - but WMM isnt bad to learn on! Its very basic and you can get the idea of how editing works by using it. I actually used Pinacle 7 when i learned about 8 or 9 years ago and when i picked editing back up again WMM was all i had. I think if your making bass video's, it dont matter too much really. I am glad my WMM took a sh!t on me though because i have much more tools at my hands now.

the biggest problem i have now is MUSIC. Its very hard to find non copywrited music, or "royalty free" and that limits my choices when making movies. There is more at stake for me, if i want it up on youtube i have to have the rights or at least permission....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

And just saying this for meade, there is a way that you are allowed to use copyright material.

If you are doing it purely non-profit (which I assume you are), just use it in your video, and upload it, and if the audio is taken out, follow these steps:

1) Go to "My Videos".

2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "resolve copyright" from there.

3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".

4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".

5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"I have followed the copyright law correctly, its non-profit and the songs are credited." or "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your YouTube name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.

7) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

Copy and pasted from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjD8f9yg-w

NOTE: Some people are saying this doesn't always work, but as long as it is music you purchased (or is possible TO purchase, meaning its not some leaked unreleased stuff) it SHOULD work.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

And just saying this for meade, there is a way that you are allowed to use copyright material.

If you are doing it purely non-profit (which I assume you are), just use it in your video, and upload it, and if the audio is taken out, follow these steps:

1) Go to "My Videos".

2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "resolve copyright" from there.

3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".

5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"I have followed the copyright law correctly, its non-profit and the songs are credited." or "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your YouTube name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.

NOTE: Some people are saying this doesn't always work, but as long as it is music you purchased (or is possible TO purchase, meaning its not some leaked unreleased stuff) it SHOULD work.

Iv done this and it dose work :)

Cookie for you my friend!

I use sony vegas pro 9 (platinum)

its 1000x better then WMM - but WMM isnt bad to learn on! Its very basic and you can get the idea of how editing works by using it. I actually used Pinacle 7 when i learned about 8 or 9 years ago and when i picked editing back up again WMM was all i had. I think if your making bass video's, it dont matter too much really. I am glad my WMM took a sh!t on me though because i have much more tools at my hands now.

the biggest problem i have now is MUSIC. Its very hard to find non copywrited music, or "royalty free" and that limits my choices when making movies. There is more at stake for me, if i want it up on youtube i have to have the rights or at least permission....

sony vegas is nice. I have the pro 8. But I still like my CS3 :) I skiped WMM and went to Vegas to learn my basics but iv always understod how things work more then the avarage joe.

• 1 month later...

1) Go to "My Videos".

this will come in handy. thanks!

i think meade won't be able to do this because he is getting profit from the video's he makes. youtube is paying him