Sonic Electronix

I ran home (6 hours away) to get my zeus cuz I didnt want any bass coming from my speaks....there is no setting on my head to just send bass to subs...I know that the zeus has a low/full/high switch on it and figured it would be perfect to just set on highs....So I wire it all up and there is still bass goin to the speaks. I thought the RCAs coming from the head to EQ wouldnt really matter if it had full cuz the amp would be the last supply and would crossover the signal to just highs...looks like I was mistaken. any input you guys could give would be great...if anyones wonderin its an Eclipse 5100 to a hifonics HFEQ to a hifonics Zeus 4406

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Get some 2.2 Mf non polarized capacitors, and put on inline with the + going each of your tweeters

thanks man but not lookin for just a bass blocker....I wanna know why the amp seems to have no effect on the signal coming out....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I ran home (6 hours away) to get my zeus cuz I didnt want any bass coming from my speaks....there is no setting on my head to just send bass to subs...I know that the zeus has a low/full/high switch on it and figured it would be perfect to just set on highs....So I wire it all up and there is still bass goin to the speaks. I thought the RCAs coming from the head to EQ wouldnt really matter if it had full cuz the amp would be the last supply and would crossover the signal to just highs...looks like I was mistaken. any input you guys could give would be great...if anyones wonderin its an Eclipse 5100 to a hifonics HFEQ to a hifonics Zeus 4406
What setting is your xover set to? hi, low or full?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Make sure your set to HPF

and look for the HPF dial and turn it till you lose da bass

-Drew

thanks drew, im gonna try this first....

What setting is your xover set to? hi, low or full?

do you mean the EQ or the xover on the amp?

you know what, I may have just found the problem...reading up the manual for the EQ off the hifonics website...its got 2 inputs...to use if your running 2 different sources....but you only use one if you have one headunit...then set the fader to front...

I bet I just hooked the front and rear outputs on my head, to the 2 inputs on the EQ thinking thats what its for...

but then im not sure if this would cause the signal to bypass the amp...if the speaks are coming directly from the amp, that zeus is the last stop before that signal gets to them...the amp should still be the one that switches to just highs...

On the amp

on the amp its set to 90hz on hiighs...

ok so up with the HPF!...thanks boon...Im gonna go in order of pain in the ass to get to....so amp's first cuz its easy...if that doesnt work, on to the EQ....

thanks for everyones input