You just don't know how good you have it

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning....Uphill... barefoot...BOTH ways! And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it! But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

*I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

*There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

*Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

*Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

*There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

*Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

*We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

*And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!

When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

*We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

*You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

*There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little brat!

*And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

*That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Aint that sh*t the truth, if we were lucky we had the Atari2600....... later the Nintendo came out :lol::lol::lol:

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

I'm only 19 and most of those apply to me believe it or not. Technology has really exploded during my lifetime, and 19 years isn't that long. Not to mention my family had zero money while I was growing up. We had a computer, but that slow piece of shit was never used. The coolest thing I got was a portable CD player when I was ten, it had 5second anti-skip, kick ass. But a breeze would still make it skip. We stole wood everyday for a tree fort and caught animals like turtles and snakes for fun. Thats all I remember as a kid, until Jr High. Amazing if you stop and think about it. I used to give my grandma a hard time for not knowing how to work a VCR, imagine trying to explain to her a PS3.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I'm only 19 and most of those apply to me believe it or not. Technology has really exploded during my lifetime, and 19 years isn't that long. Not to mention my family had zero money while I was growing up. We had a computer, but that slow piece of shit was never used. The coolest thing I got was a portable CD player when I was ten, it had 5second anti-skip, kick ass. But a breeze would still make it skip. We stole wood everyday for a tree fort and caught animals like turtles and snakes for fun. Thats all I remember as a kid, until Jr High. Amazing if you stop and think about it. I used to give my grandma a hard time for not knowing how to work a VCR, imagine trying to explain to her a PS3.

thats exactly what i was thinkin.

when i was about in the middle of my "childhood" technology took a turn almost over night and my parents couldn't afford it anyway so i just got to look at my friends using it and talking about it. i was like what the fuck is instant messenger?

All so very true.

We had a microwave, cd player, tv with remote (cable tv had a channel slider thing to change channels), and a good ole Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 1 (later we got the 2 and 3). Mom was a sysop on Compuserve for a few years.

I had a texas instruments ti-994a computer for gaming, until nintendo came along.

Home wrecking service (H.R.S or child protection services, or the few other names they keep cha ngin g to whe n they get in some trouble) didn't exist

High powered car stereos were maybe a couple 100watts MAX.

I remember when two people had a problem with each other, they'd use fists. And usually become damned good friends afterward. Now people take the chicken shit way out and pull a gun right off the bat.

I could site here and type a bunch more, but being 40yrs old I have to cook dinner, take care of my 15month old, and do some bill paying.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

*I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

*Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

*There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

*Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

*You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

*There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little brat!

All of these applied to me when I was younger and I'm 17 Yrs. Old,....and Mexican :D (That probably explains it)

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

I do know how good I have it. We didn't use to have this stuff even though every body else did. But we do now.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card