remanystics Posted July 24, 2009 Report Posted July 24, 2009 Hey guys I am playing to upgrade my RE SX10 sub to a 12" but cant decide weather to get the new DD3512e sub or the AA Havoc 12. I mainly listen to rap, hip hop, DnB and dubstep. Also the sub will be powered off a SAZ-1500D. What do you guys reckon?
Tyan Posted July 24, 2009 Report Posted July 24, 2009 for your music taste ...for sure the Havoc my VIDEOS
Slapuhho Posted July 24, 2009 Report Posted July 24, 2009 At 1 ohm you'll be almost peaking the Havoc daily. I suggest the 3512e because you'll be giving it the right amount of power for daily listening. And I just like DD. Edit: I really don't know the Havoc peak but I'm thinking it's about 2,000 to 2,250. 4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur. Team gg Team DOA My Videos
xander87mp Posted July 25, 2009 Report Posted July 25, 2009 I will also advice the havoc, the more I see dd for spl Competition
Moti Posted July 25, 2009 Report Posted July 25, 2009 Havoc is pretty much a beefed up Fi Q. A Fi Q with BP can easily take 1500 watts in the right box. The Havoc should easily also. (Also from reviews and what not it seems that havoc sound a little better than the Q). DD is known for spl. But people think they suck, because they only hear them in fart boxes. If the 3512e is put in right enclosure it can sound right also. Pretty much a wild card, if either is put in the right enclosure it should work fine.
fischy fisch Posted July 25, 2009 Report Posted July 25, 2009 dd ftw just the box is the key part lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
Nightshade Posted July 25, 2009 Report Posted July 25, 2009 That's a tough question. Have you ever owned one of the subs by either of these two companies? I see you have a Re woofer, if you like that I'm sure you'll like the AA woofer. Scott designed the SX woofer as well as the Havoc, so your getting some of the same goodness out of the Havoc that you've gotten in your SX. DD on the other hand is going to take any of the abuse that you give it, not saying that the Havoc won't it's just a fact that the DD woofers are very tough. You have to be careful with either of them cause it is easy to hurt a sub in the incorrect box, or just cranking the volume way too high. I have 2 Nightshade 15's on 2 2000d's and I can hurt them easily even though I'm only running their rms to them. I've been through several recones and have never blown a coil. I just tend to overexcurt the woofers and damage other things. Flip a coin and get your answer cause it's pretty close with either of these. I just like the fact that DD has the direct connect wires and also has several coil options for you to choose from. Also they have those sexy carbon fiber dust caps and kevlar cones 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
AI James Posted July 25, 2009 Report Posted July 25, 2009 both of those subs would love that power. i own both subs and would probably get whatever one i could get cheaper in your case. both sound great in the correct purpose made box.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.