Second Skin Audio

Idea While Bored.

I was going through my basement and found 2x 6x9 enclosures from wal mart. I rem my first car didnt have any back speakers so this was the way I did it. Well now I have a ten layin around and was going to see how much I would need to make a small enclosure out of this. I may not have enough but hell why not. Maybe both enclosures combined will give enough. What you guys think. This is just for something to do.

Here's the link.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=11979943

Thinkin 13.125 H x 17 x 15.75 would work since I got them off the RF site. But they have it vented. How much could i make. This will be my first box ever self made. It should be good practice.

Edited by DGold

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Any ideas

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

I was going through my basement and found 2x 6x9 enclosures from wal mart. I rem my first car didnt have any back speakers so this was the way I did it. Well now I have a ten layin around and was going to see how much I would need to make a small enclosure out of this. I may not have enough but hell why not. Maybe both enclosures combined will give enough. What you guys think. This is just for something to do.

Here's the link.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=11979943

Thinkin 13.125 H x 17 x 15.75 would work since I got them off the RF site. But they have it vented. How much could i make. This will be my first box ever self made. It should be good practice.

Don't waste your money on any prefab enclosures! That's two sheets of MDF right there.

Post more info on what you have and somebody will help you.

Sorry maybe i was a little unclear. I have 2 of these boxes already I found them in my basement from years ago. I'm going to combine the 2 and make a single 10 enclosure just to practice building boxes since I never have before. I'm asking what are good dimensions for a sealed and ported box so I can see if I have enough.. I got numbers off of the RF site, but don't know how big to make the port.

Old Setup

Well this isn't a box to actually put in my suv. Just like.. hey i got some board layin around why not use it for somethin. I kno itll be small but just wanted to see how big of dimensions i'd need. Can go sealed if not enough room. Just kind of practice. I have 12s in my car ..jus have a ten sittin around.. it's an RF p1 ten.

Old Setup