OP- have you ever used the ICE clay and if so how does it compare to the gold or some of the more expensive ones?

I haven't, the only ICE product i've used so far is the ICE liquid polish and that ruined it for me. While ICE polish is very easy to apply/remove, it's about as durable as a card house in a hurricane. After using that, I haven't tried another ICE product and probably won't mainly because none of them do anything that my existing products can't do. I'm not big on gimmicky products and that's what ICE strikes me as. As for the clay, Clay Magic holds the patent on detailing clay so aside from abrasiveness level, clay is clay is clay. I would have no problem using their clay bar but personally I'd avoid the liquid clay because for me it would just create more work.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

looks good. my dad and 5 uncles have been detailing for 30+ years. i have an uncle that can buff a car at night with sunglasses and still have a mirror finish the next day. ill be pming you id like to see how much you charge.my durango shines really good but could use a good detail, i usually go to a local shop but havent taken my truck there.. do you buff or is this by hand.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I haven't, the only ICE product i've used so far is the ICE liquid polish and that ruined it for me. While ICE polish is very easy to apply/remove, it's about as durable as a card house in a hurricane. After using that, I haven't tried another ICE product and probably won't mainly because none of them do anything that my existing products can't do. I'm not big on gimmicky products and that's what ICE strikes me as. As for the clay, Clay Magic holds the patent on detailing clay so aside from abrasiveness level, clay is clay is clay. I would have no problem using their clay bar but personally I'd avoid the liquid clay because for me it would just create more work.

thanks ive always been in question of the product but ill buck up and buy the good stuff. Any tips for my first time using clay bar?

American Bass*DC Power

dam man good work!i detail cars too and im sooo picky when i finish it i bet i walk around it 5 more times tryin to catch any and every little thing..how much are you geting for your full details?and how much for the just washing?

Thanks. Yeah man, I'm a perfectionist too, I tend to see things other people don't and even though I know that it'll bug the hell out of me if I don't fix it simply cause I know it's there. Sometimes that's good, other times not so much.

Full details vary, depending on the size and condition of the vehicle as well as the level or service the client wants. For full on exterior details, including 3 step polishing, I generally start about about $120 for cars and $175 for trucks/SUV. I'm not trying to get rich by doing this but as you know a lot of work goes in to doing the job right, not to mention the cost of materials.

I sell my washes with a free QD wipedown, this starts at $20 for cars, $30 for trucks/SUV

looks good. my dad and 5 uncles have been detailing for 30+ years. i have an uncle that can buff a car at night with sunglasses and still have a mirror finish the next day. ill be pming you id like to see how much you charge.my durango shines really good but could use a good detail, i usually go to a local shop but havent taken my truck there.. do you buff or is this by hand.

Thanks man. Just wondering, why don't you have your dad and/or uncles hook up your truck? I know if my dad and uncles were that talented they'd be handling mine! The only part of my process that I do by hand is wash/clay and wax removal. Everything else is done by machine, either a rotary or a PC 7424.

thanks ive always been in question of the product but ill buck up and buy the good stuff. Any tips for my first time using clay bar?

I don't doubt that the TW clay bar will do just as good as any other clay bar you could get OTC, it's just that liquid clay crap that i'm leery of. It just seems like a gimmick and for me it just isn't practical. Claying your car is very simple, the main thing you want to do is make sure you use enough lube. I incorporate the claying process into my wash routine, but not every can do that or is comfortable with doing that so since it's your first time this is what I'd recommend.....

Wash and dry the car

Open the clay and cut it into thirds (that way if you drop a piece you have another)

Knead the clay a little bit to soften it up and make it pliable and then flatten it to about the diameter of a soda can

Spray some QD onto the panel and slide the clay back and forth over the area you just sprayed working about a 3x3 area at a time

The clay should glide across the surface with little to no friction, if it doesn't then add more lube as needed

Wipe dry the area you just clayed with a microfiber towel and feel the area to see if it's smooth or needs another pass

The ultimate test of this is to put your hand inside a plastic bag and run your hand across the paint, it should feel buttery smooth

I flip the clay after each panel, kneading it every other flip

That's pretty much it, not much to it, just make sure you use enough lube and then wipe down the area dry quickly so it doesn't dry on the paint. I hope this helps you a little, and rest assured that you'd have to try to inflict damage on your paint by using clay in order to do so, and even then it's not guaranteed that you will.

well my dad i dont speak to him. as well as one uncle. the other uncle now lives out of state. my other uncle drives across country. and the other 2..... well hell i guess i can call one them up.buying lunch is always better than paying someone else. never thought about that. really i havent even thought about detailing my truck until your post. :lol: just looking at your jobs made me want to have my car cleaned.well and being that you posted this i figured you might be looking for extra car audio money :unknw:

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Thanks. Yeah man, I'm a perfectionist too, I tend to see things other people don't and even though I know that it'll bug the hell out of me if I don't fix it simply cause I know it's there. Sometimes that's good, other times not so much.

Full details vary, depending on the size and condition of the vehicle as well as the level or service the client wants. For full on exterior details, including 3 step polishing, I generally start about about $120 for cars and $175 for trucks/SUV. I'm not trying to get rich by doing this but as you know a lot of work goes in to doing the job right, not to mention the cost of materials.

I sell my washes with a free QD wipedown, this starts at $20 for cars, $30 for trucks/SUV

ok thats not too bad.my washes are 40-60 and details from 125-175 also..there are alot of variables tho im sure just like on your prices

damn dude, this makes me want to go detail my car, if you were down here, id have you do it, now i have to go wash my car because i seen this

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

well my dad i dont speak to him. as well as one uncle. the other uncle now lives out of state. my other uncle drives across country. and the other 2..... well hell i guess i can call one them up.buying lunch is always better than paying someone else. never thought about that. really i havent even thought about detailing my truck until your post. :lol: just looking at your jobs made me want to have my car cleaned.well and being that you posted this i figured you might be looking for extra car audio money :unknw:

I'm always looking for extra car audio money!

I wasn't trying to talk you out of having me do your truck, I was just wondering. I'm always looking for new additions to my portfolio!

It's funny you said that about not thinking about having your truck detailed until you saw my thread...I've found that I can talk to a person about my work, what goes in to it, the time it takes, products used, etc., but the real way to earn their business is to show them pictures of what I do. It makes my explanation and description tangible. I'm amazed at how many people don't know what swirl marks are.

ok thats not too bad.my washes are 40-60 and details from 125-175 also..there are alot of variables tho im sure just like on your prices

alot of people have told me i'm doing my washes too cheap, especially with the QD wipedown. But like I said, this is a hobby for me and i'm not trying to get rich off it. Besides, I've found that I get more repeat business the more reasonable my prices are, especially in this economy. So yeah, my washes might be cheap, but rest assured i'm gonna get that full detail from that client eventually.

damn dude, this makes me want to go detail my car, if you were down here, id have you do it, now i have to go wash my car because i seen this

:db:

Kind of like how I feel when I see a nicely manicured lawn, gets my juices flowing to make mine look better than theirs. That's probably why I have the best lawn on the block.

Archived