LT.Smoke Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 Is it possible for a dustcap to become loose?? Im tryin to figure out what this noise is in my sub i pulled it out the box and checked it out to see if anything was touching the sub behind it but i cant find anytthing wrong. When the sub is moving it sounds like something is hitting the plastic dustcap in the middle of my Mmats Dreadnaut 12? Anyone have any idea what it may be causing this noise?? Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
BLuejoules Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 Yar dustcaps can become loose and fall off theres a certain kind of glue you can use to glue it back on but I cant remember what it is off the top of my head IG: devinthydude
Noobtastic14 Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 Make sure the felt pad on the inside of the woofer cone is still in place, it may be tinsel slap. Get a flathead screwdriver or similar tool to gently lift on the edges of the cap (GENTLY!!) if there is an unglued portion of the cap you should be able to lift it slightly. keep in mind the slightest "lift" in cap will be amazingly annoying during excursion. Lastly, if all else fails make sure your spider/basket glue joint is solid and not peeling as well as checking your tripple joing where the spiders, coil, and cone all meet. If you find the problem post it up and i'm sure somebody will have a quick solution for ya -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
korey_hofer Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 ca glue I have blown the dust caps off my sigs 3 times now shoots them straight up into the ceiling of the blazer. I recomend using ca glue unlike what I did my glue didn't hold previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
LT.Smoke Posted July 28, 2009 Author Report Posted July 28, 2009 Thanks Guys i will check it out and see what i come up with. I appreciate the quick responses Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Noobtastic14 Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 I'd use epoxy over CA really depends on the cap though -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Forevrbumpn Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 Drew I don't think the foam your referring to would make that noise, and Dreads I doubt even use that since they are leaded spiders Best glue is rubber based glue, epoxy will hold for ever, paper dome to paper cone, poly cone, to paper dome, it may fly off again rubber based glue absorbs shock, and sound, thats why its best for applications like that- And if you HAVE to re do the dome, all it takes is a heat gun I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
*1LOWSUV* Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 I'd use epoxy over CA -Drew This from the guy with a picture of a dustcap missing...... : [email protected]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.