bunch of small batteries?

I just can't see making an across the board statement like all batteries draw 7-10 amps per battery. The name battery came from having multiple cells or a "battery" of cells. So a "battery" that is 1/10th the size and capacity pulls just as much as a bigger one to charge??? I don't think so. Why could I charge my small batts with my charger in 3-5 minutes when my comparable regular battery 10x the size took 2 hours?

I see we have another pro that knows how an electrical system operates..

This is info a really smart and well respect person in the audio world said. Im just passing it along.

twelve 12 inch subs in a clamshell of and astro and cant break a 149 db. Keep up the great work!!

Besides pandas and crx's. Astros and Caravans are the loudest vehciles walled or not walled.

Anyways The time it takes to charge the batteries has no effect on amperage needed to charge them. Its common sense that a smaller battery will charge quicker then a larger battery, but I said nothing about charge time.

The op didnt list any specs of his system install, and being that he has a 250 amp Rhino series alternator Im going to assume it should have no problem charging them therereticaly, Because I know these alts put out ruffly 270 amps at a max load.

I guess if you dont believe how much current is used per battery from an alternator. You should go play your stereo for a while with the vehicle off. drain your batteries 3/4 to half way down. Turn your stereo off. Take a clamp meter, and clamp your power wire from the alternator to your rear battery. Then start your vehicle up and see the current draw being used to charge the battery.

I see we have another pro that knows how an electrical system operates..

This is info a really smart and well respect person in the audio world said. Im just passing it along.

twelve 12 inch subs in a clamshell of and astro and cant break a 149 db. Keep up the great work!!

Besides pandas and crx's. Astros and Caravans are the loudest vehciles walled or not walled.

Oh my.... I may not sleep tonight because the cut is so deep.

I don't compete. I didn't build my vehicle for the numbers, I built it the way I did because I wanted the design and something that would still play music well. You don't know me or what I know and I don't know you or what you know either. The difference between us is that I didn't assume anything about you. I do KNOW that you "just pass along" information that you heard a "really smart and well respect person" say (great grammar btw...) and take it as gospel. Also- this thread isn't about me or my van or how loud it is. YOU NEED TO STAY ON TOPIC and not bash people to get your jollies. I'm not gonna' E piss with you about this. You shared your input on the topic- if you don't have anything else nice or factual to add, then don't.

I still think this is a great idea especially when little to no $ is involved to loose and only power to gain.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

That really was uncalled for. :clapping:

Drew

i agree.

caddy, please do not post in here anymore.

dont worry about that shit colin. if he knew anything then he would have been able to tell that you were not going for max SPL. you said what you had to say in a nice, respectable way and he just blew up. fact is, he doesnt really know the answer to this either. he just read one thing this guy said and thinks it applies to everything.

i like good and bad input in my threads but do NOT attack some one. that shit is uncalled for and childish.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

we were only asking and saying what our perspectives are based on what we know. all you did was post something you read and assume it applies here. exept you were a dick about it. i dont care who you are or what you know. show people respect or shut up.

edit - thank you mods.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Test them yet, I can get very similar batteries for a $1 each and was gonna see if I could run 102 of them in my Saturn.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

Test them yet, I can get very similar batteries for a $1 each and was gonna see if I could run 102 of them in my Saturn.

Drew

holy balls! 102 of them??

i did not test them yet. my dad is going to talk to his "battery guy" on tues. we are going to make sure they are safe to use in a car first. i dont see any problem with it but my dad has to check everything b4 he uses it (even though this was his idea). we'll just wait and see what he says.

Yep if the will work, every 18 months UPS gets new ones so they just are the old ones. ;)

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

Archived