First time turbo install (Houw do i do this????) lol

Im buying a universal turbo kit (no instructions included) its for a BMW 325i im buying. Im a automotive technician i went to school so i know what im doing under the hood But this is my first turbo install. I have a general idea but for some things i need some help . Dose anybody how to run the oil lines and boost controller or if theirs eny instructional videos or turbo manuals out thiar? also the kit comes with an oil ketch tank and oil cooler. Agen i halve a general idea but i need some help dose enybody know how to do this ??? HELP! lol

Edited by electric-wiz-kid

Im buying a universal turbo kit (no instructions included) its for a BMW 325i im buying. Im a automotive technician i went to school so i know what im doing under the hood But this is my first turbo install. I have a general idea but for some things i need some help . Dose anybody how to run the oil lines and boost controller or if theirs eny instructional videos or turbo manuals out thiar? also the kit comes with an oil ketch tank and oil cooler. Agen i halve a general idea but i need some help dose enybody know how to do this ??? HELP! lol

You will have to find a place in the block that can feed the turbo with oil pressure. Depending where on the 325i's motor has the oil pressure sending unit you might be able to put a Tee in line with the Sensor to feed the turbo with oil. Also you will need to drill and tap the oil pan so the turbo will drain the oil back to the pan. I'd also install the oil cooler where the the oil would come out of the block, then it goes through the cooler then to the turbo. The catch can tank needs to have the oil come out of the turbo to the catch can then the oil should go out of the catch can to the oil pan.

Now for the boost controller. What kind is it?

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

You will have to find a place in the block that can feed the turbo with oil pressure. Depending where on the 325i's motor has the oil pressure sending unit you might be able to put a Tee in line with the Sensor to feed the turbo with oil. Also you will need to drill and tap the oil pan so the turbo will drain the oil back to the pan. I'd also install the oil cooler where the the oil would come out of the block, then it goes through the cooler then to the turbo. The catch can tank needs to have the oil come out of the turbo to the catch can then the oil should go out of the catch can to the oil pan.

Now for the boost controller. What kind is it?

Shannon

im not shore whitch type it is but it looks like a small valve that might hook up threw the vacuum line and restrict it or something it ses it mounts under the hood it comes with a T-fitting sorry i cant give you a better description

yea make sure you look into this really carefully once you start messing with force induction you want to make sure your motor is going to be ok. Is this kid going to be coming with an intercooler or is this one of those weird air cooled jobs?

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

never buy the universal kits they suck. the turbo seals go out. and the downpipes never line up. i would just piece together your own kit.

did you even check your compression to make sure your rings are good cuz once you go turbo you gotta do everything right. no shortcuts.

2 Mb Quart DSC2000.1's

2 Db Drive PLW15's D2's

4 kinetik 2000's

Infinity mids and high's

Mb Quart DSC480

Dc Power Alt

MLA

2001 Buick regal GS

001-2.jpg

quake.jpg

317524973.png

wow a universal kit? Is it an ebay kit? If so, I see that turbo breaking really soon.

sorry to say it but yes . i herd horror stories about ebay kits but if ur strapped for cash its the cheapest stuff around

yea make sure you look into this really carefully once you start messing with force induction you want to make sure your motor is going to be ok. Is this kit going to be coming with an intercooler or is this one of those weird air cooled jobs?

it comes with a intercooler and yea im shopping around for the best motor a can i turnd down 2 cars alredy. One the rear main seal was gone and the other was burning oil and bad compression

never buy the universal kits they suck. the turbo seals go out. and the downpipes never line up. i would just piece together your own kit.

did you even check your compression to make sure your rings are good cuz once you go turbo you gotta do everything right. no shortcuts.

yea like i just sed im making shore that i get a good motor or one that is in good enuf shape that i can just rip apart the top and rebuild what i can.

Edited by electric-wiz-kid

Oh lord! You buy ebay turbo kits. Stay away from those because it will break down soon and later when you have it install. I never trust ebay turbo kits because it cheap stuff. Sorry i didn't mean to say this but i have bad thing about ebay turbo kits. Seen you can google it. Pretty sure you might find something.

get a local street racer with atleast a single turbo installed by themselves, nissan owners are always pretty good on turbo builds, let them help and coach you. most importantly, do your research.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!