DC Sound Lab

Level 4 18" Enclosure and Power Recommendations?

Just picked up a LVL 4 18 D2 with a fresh recone from a local guy. Currently, sub is in 5.5 net tuned to 32hz. Im considering building a new box for the sub, a little bigger, but what im wondering is what you guys would suggest?

I have a Crown Vic, so I have plenty of room, could go up to 8 cubic feet net if nessary. Also, how much power should I feed this beast?

I could get a good deal on a Orion 1200d, which seems perfect, but seems everyone on here pushes much more power to their DC subs than recommend and they handle it well. I figure the larger box would work well with the amp I mention since power handling tends to drop a bit with larger enclosures correct?

Any input is apperciated thanks.

you couldnt look at the website, or just looked on this forum, its all ova the place.

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Thanks for the input guys, answered my questions. I picked up a Kicker KX 1200.1 to push the sub for the time being, and going to run my current box unless I get the urge to build something else. Ill try to get some pics of the install when its complete.

Edited by tez4life