best way to level a tahoe out

To tighten the torsion bars and raise the front end does it have the truck have to be off the ground im thinking about doing thi to my Silverado

yes, atleast the front. also i would reccomend an alignment afterwards or you can have some odd tire wear.

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components

yes, atleast the front. also i would reccomend an alignment afterwards or you can have some odd tire wear.

I am about to order the Ford torsion keys for it so that I dont have to crank them all the way up there is a good write up on FSC about this

If you are only wanting to level it, and are talking 1" lower rear, the best way would be to get new rear shackles. this wont affect the spring in your front torsions, put you lower and not higher, and they can be found pretty cheap. for 1" rear drop, you want 2" longer shackles (half the spring....) I made my own shackles so you could probably find some metal fabrication place close to you to have a set made up ^_^

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

ok so i have an 03 tahoe that i want to level out. IDC if i raise the front or drop the read.I was wondering what the easiest and cheapest way is to do it. I know the torison bars are alot of work to put on and they run around 130. I heard the only way to drop the rear end is new springs but how much would that run me. Any other ways?

You can usually take it to a muffler shop to get the rear coils heated, little by little you'll see the rear dropping...thats probably the cheapest way to even out a tahoe

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

If you are only wanting to level it, and are talking 1" lower rear, the best way would be to get new rear shackles. this wont affect the spring in your front torsions, put you lower and not higher, and they can be found pretty cheap. for 1" rear drop, you want 2" longer shackles (half the spring....) I made my own shackles so you could probably find some metal fabrication place close to you to have a set made up ^_^

tahoes dont use shackles like chevy trucks. That was the first thing i looked in to

I am about to order the Ford torsion keys for it so that I dont have to crank them all the way up there is a good write up on FSC about this

heres a good write up, with pics. http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/genera...acing-tech.html

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components

ya thats also ghetto and unsafe

glad someone else said this, being new didn't want to be the one....

So, they are coils on the back? I will stay tuned to find out your fix. ^_^

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

just so somebody doesn't make a mistake if you have a s10 do not get tbar keys you will run through front end parts every month you can't get the right angles to make it work

and getting keys for 1" is dumb I raised the blazer 2" with sagging bars

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived