Fg kick panels- firt time

after reading up on it i decided to give it a try. i ended up getting the jelly resin not the liquid. I mixed it and applied it to the stretched t-shirt by brush. Once dry, I knocked it down with some 60 grit. reapplied a thinner coat of filler, knocked that down with 120 grit. I primed it just to make it easier to see imperfections. I used glaze filler then knocked it down 320 grit.

HPIM2125.jpg

HPIM2128.jpg

HPIM2131.jpg

HPIM2130.jpg

HPIM2133.jpg

HPIM2134.jpg

lookin good how did that jelly resin work for ya? im gonna be doin some door panels tomorrow i might use that.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me man. FG is a bitch to lay. Good job man. Looks better than my kicks right now. lol. What you using to cover those ugly ass holes and whats your plan for finishing.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

lookin good

its usually advised to actually use fiberglass in fiberglass pods though, not just cotton and resin, a t-shirt soaked in resin is just asking to be cracked by midbass or a wandering shoe, a layer or two of glass would make it strong enough to stand on.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Looks pretty damn good to me man. FG is a bitch to lay. Good job man. Looks better than my kicks right now. lol. What you using to cover those ugly ass holes and whats your plan for finishing.

i figured the jelly was the best option since it was the first time. I ended up using one qt. of it for both kick panels each kick got one layer on the outside of the stretched shirt and one layer on the inside. i was suprised that I still had some left over.

I am throwing in a set of diamond audio 6.5's. Right now they are running off deck power and are in the doors. once in the kicks they will be run off a rockfors 300.2

Looking at the first pic, I didn't think it was going to turn out as good as they did. Good job man.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Looks good, maybe one day ill get brave and try this

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER