has anybody ever cut or heated up coils/springs for a 3inch drop??? i got a 07 suzuki forenza wit 17s. The springs have ALOT of travel and my car sits ridiculously high.

Im gone take it to a shop that does air rides and diff stuff like that thats gone charge me $150 to lower it. Thats about all i have to spend on it.

I kno my ride will be rough but i really dont care.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

idk about cutting the springs. but a buddy of mine heated the springs and put weight on them to lower his car, and a little while later the springs actually broke. so idk

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

yeah, you don't wanna alter your spings, it's dangerous. just buy a stiffer lower sping if you find 'em

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

My brother did it to a 99' Single Cab Silverado. If I had to guess I would say it was a 4-7 Drop. Ride was bumpy but never had a problem otherwise. I wouldn't recommend it though. Just buy a drop kit.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

yeah, you don't wanna alter your spings, it's dangerous. just buy a stiffer lower sping if you find 'em

it is not dangerous if the spring still has it's isolators

the svt guys do them to their 20 and 30 thousand dollar cobras

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

don't cut your springs bro, the ride won't be nice.

this.

also im going to guess it depends on the car... i know a buddy of mine took his civic to get the springs heated and his ride was ok, but another friend of mine heated his on a lancer and his ride sucked monkey balls.

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

if youre gonna cut the springs, don't torch them or heat them. It changes the metal at the molecular level and can cause the spring to fail later on. Use a cutoff wheel or angle grinder or something of the like.

...or just buy a set of lowering springs.

Too many projects, too little time...