DD1508 T-Line Bandpass: DONE!!!

Best way to design them is start with the sealed side. Calculate peak freq sealed say 60-70 hz. If you want flat try tuning the tline an octave lower than the box's sealed point. 70 hz peak run the tline around 35 hz. The whole point of this design is to have a tighter more accurate sound over hearing the delay between cone and port. This increases output overall.

the sealed box adjusts the Q just like a regular bp design.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ahh, so i can calculate tuning for the sealed part with torres, but is there a way to calculate peak without a termlab? so then whatever the sealed ends up being tuned to, i want to tune the tline roughly half that?

thanks

Yeah. That gives bandwidth. But if you have like say a 13w7 that may peak around 45 hz in a recommended box that may not be the best sub for output metering but would be fun on lows.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Y'all got to post up in the Quarterwave Tutorial. Mods going to get grumpy with the offtopic

sundown.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived