Second Skin Audio

Vented box with port cover any thoughts or pics

go for it i dont see why it wouldnt seal if you use some bad ass 3m household weather seal on some 45* cuts. where do you plan on mounting the actuators?

tapering the port and mounting them on either side of the port opening my boy is coming by tomorrow to talk about it a little further we think it is doable and would be the first motorized port copyright not really no one steal my idea please

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

the only problem i have with it is the difference between sealed and ported.

most sealed requirements are small compared to ported and if u go too big on the sealed box it doesnt sound right and if u go too small on the ported box then its not nearly as loud as it could be.

so it would take a minute to find a happy medium

go do it and let us know how it turns out.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Sealing is the only issue I foresee holding you back, but with enough ingenuity I'm sure something could be built.

The whole concept just seems a bit...odd however. I can understand wanting something that sounds good, and also getting loud but those are usually two very different setups. Your best bet to get around the things IH8PunkRok mentioned would be to do a low tuned daily box (30 Hz or so) with removable plugs that could tune it higher near your resonant frequency.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

the subs im going to be using will most likely be the type r 10's 3 of them I me and my friend talked it out and it is do able with strong enough actuators the only reason for the motoized portion is because if i do just a screwed in plug the screws would not only harm the seal because they would have to go through it and over time the srews may start to come loose the only problem that we had trouble with was how to make it so that the air coming out of the vent didn't hit a flat surface i'll post up some calcs and rough idea pics as soon as i can but if any has any ideas on the box the dimensions are all follow all exterior 38Wx16Hx14.5D subs will be down firing and port will be faceing the rear of the truck any help on that would be great though

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

the only problem i have with it is the difference between sealed and ported.

most sealed requirements are small compared to ported and if u go too big on the sealed box it doesnt sound right and if u go too small on the ported box then its not nearly as loud as it could be.

so it would take a minute to find a happy medium

go do it and let us know how it turns out.

thjs

Sealing is the only issue I foresee holding you back, but with enough ingenuity I'm sure something could be built.

The whole concept just seems a bit...odd however. I can understand wanting something that sounds good, and also getting loud but those are usually two very different setups. Your best bet to get around the things IH8PunkRok mentioned would be to do a low tuned daily box (30 Hz or so) with removable plugs that could tune it higher near your resonant frequency.

...and this

the subs im going to be using will most likely be the type r 10's 3 of them I me and my friend talked it out and it is do able with strong enough actuators the only reason for the motoized portion is because if i do just a screwed in plug the screws would not only harm the seal because they would have to go through it and over time the srews may start to come loose the only problem that we had trouble with was how to make it so that the air coming out of the vent didn't hit a flat surface i'll post up some calcs and rough idea pics as soon as i can but if any has any ideas on the box the dimensions are all follow all exterior 38Wx16Hx14.5D subs will be down firing and port will be faceing the rear of the truck any help on that would be great though

why not motorize the port plugs if youre so set on motorizing something.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

thjs

...and this

why not motorize the port plugs if youre so set on motorizing something.

no i am going to motorize the port the problem they are eluding to is the fact that if and when i do it the vent may not seal properly but me and a friend are trying to work that out along with whole airspace problem

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

best of luck meng, honestly, may have to do a ported box with port plugs just because of that airspace issue alone.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.