I didn't introduce myself as I haven't even been in this sub-forum til now. My name is John but everyone calls me JJ, I've loved car audio for a long time but haven't been into it much til a few years ago,starting to really get in it and trying to learn as much as possible. I've done a few installs in my life but nothing big so I have some knowledge of what's going on. I've got a 2003 Chevy S10 Xtreme ext cab,I had a local audio shop do my install about 4-5 years ago,they built my box (built for T2's),installed Kenwood excelon HU,RF P400.4 on Boston Acoustics 6.5 & 4x6 mids/highs and RF punch tweets,a RF P1000.1bd on 2 RF T1D412's,added a 230 amp Stinger alt with the Big 3 later on and I put in a Optima YT battery that was bigger than what is supposed to go in it. I'm in the process of getting my audio parts stocked up for my big install coming up as soon as my truck gets out of body shop (custom ram air hood,sport mirrors,paint and bed liner) and I've got new headlight assemblies with HID going in with relay kit,LED corner bumper lights and LED tail light assemblies. I wish I would've done more research on car audio before I got my new stuff as I didn't know about XS Power,Skar,AA,DC,etc but I still think I'll have a decent setup for a daily driver. It's going to consist of 2 RF T2D412's on a RF T2500.1 bdcp,adding kick panels with a set of Boston SC60's to the mids/highs,running tweets and 4x6's on a P400.4,2 pairs of 6.5's on a P500.4,either 6.5 or 8" midbass drivers (not sure on which brand/type yet but maybe Crescendo PWX)on a P500.2 and going active with a RF 360.3,dual batteries with 2 runs each + & - of 1/0 Stinger/RF wire (OFC of course) So hello to everyone on SMD and any input on some midbass drivers would be appreciated.

Edited by 03 Xtreme Fosgate
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Damian here, livin in the gold bearing foothills just east of Steve. Been a bass head since 1984. Yeah, almost 50 years old and I just cant stay away from this shit! My kids are almost deaf but thats okay lol....

That's awesome man,I got my mother into car audio and she loves it. She's 56 and I installed my old setup of a RF P1000.1bd with 2 RF T1D412's in her Trail Blazer for her.always know when she's coming down the road.lol Edited by 03 Xtreme Fosgate

Hi JJ I like your idea of crescendo pwx on a P500.2!

Welcome to the coolest place on earth.

Thanks man,I'm deciding whether to get a pair of the 6.5" or the 8". I know the 6.5's would be easier to add on my doors than the 8's but the midbass would be better from the 8's. Either way I'll have to get them fiberglassed in and I haven't done much fiberglassing but have a friend that has some experience with fiberglass. I think I've got enough highs to go with them already so I'm hoping this fill my sound stage perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

I better introduce myself here. I'm in Iowa, recently retired from the military, and have been into ground poundin' since 1993. Never had a HUGE system, but it's steadily gotten bigger as my salary increased over the years. Found the site a long time ago via Youtube, but lurked without creating an account for years. Met Steve once while stationed at Beale, and he was gracious enough to give me a demo.

Currently driving a '99 Grand Am, Alpine iDA-X305S head unit, JL setup, Mechman alt and XS D3400 under the hood. Planning this summer to do a wall (or most likely have it done) on DC Audio gear. Hoping to squeeze 4 lvl 6 18's in there, but I might just be crazy. Not sure if I want to stick with JL for my doors, or switch to RF. Figured that by hanging around this forum and actually participating in some conversation, I might be able to learn some things from those who have made the mistakes that I'm (probably) going to make (again). You folks are truly an inspiration!

I never introduced myself, been on here for a little while now. My name is Ivan Pharmacy Tech working on pharmacy school. Got me a 2005 F150 I've been working on for about 2 years fairly new to the audio world.

The truck:

8292931180_b8d53f22b8_b.jpg
F150 Offroad by ibf150, on Flickr

Build log is in sig.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

Michael....47....Been 20+ yrs since I've been into car audio. Looking to build a little rocking system under 1K watts. Still hope to scare the women and children with it. Glad to see prices have dramatically dropped since I've been away.

Will be buying a second vehicle to put it in.

Hope to learn some new tricks on here.

If it's too loud, you're too old. At least that's what I tell my kids when they tell me to turn it down.

Hello All, My name is John and I live down in Guantanamo Bay Cuba on the navy base... I found the forum a while back while checking a few videos on youtube... As for my plans I have a 2001 S10 Blazer Xtreme that I bought here on the base and am looking to build a small system compared to most of what you run here... The major issue I have is the base is rather small and has the small town mind set so with that being said I have to tread lightly when and where to bass it up... So for my build I will be doing something that can be enjoyed inside but can also kick it up a notch if needed... I have a list in my sig that i am sure folks will make fun of but as I said earlier just can't go as big as I would like here...

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading and learning lots...

John

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Hello All, My name is John and I live down in Guantanamo Bay Cuba on the navy base... I found the forum a while back while checking a few videos on youtube... As for my plans I have a 2001 S10 Blazer Xtreme that I bought here on the base and am looking to build a small system compared to most of what you run here... The major issue I have is the base is rather small and has the small town mind set so with that being said I have to tread lightly when and where to bass it up... So for my build I will be doing something that can be enjoyed inside but can also kick it up a notch if needed... I have a list in my sig that i am sure folks will make fun of but as I said earlier just can't go as big as I would like here...

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading and learning lots...

John

Welcome John.. Try calling Sonic Electronix they should be able to help you with the shipping through USPS. Do FedEx and UPS not deliver to that base?? Since you have the RF R400.4 then you might as well get a RF Prime or Punch amp for the subs,I would recommend the Punch though. Or get a Hifonix if you're wanting to go cheap with it. There's many options on the subs,if you want to stay with RF then the P2's would be a good choice or even the P3's,they'll both get down pretty good.Audio Savings has a deal for 2 of the P2's and SE will price match them,they did it for me but I changed my mind on getting them.