My name is Neil, and where I am at, there are not alot of bass heads driving around. Some pretty small amps low rms and a lots of single 10"s and 12"s. Rattle city on on most of it. I really want to break out of that and make something note worthy around here. Currently rockin your favorite amp around here: a MA 4400 2 channel amp, an old Kove Audio 15" and some poIk door speakers. Defiantly going to change that.

I found this forum from some youtube. I think what made me go deeper into Steve's vids to eventually lead to this forum was Amp test Tuesday. Great stuff seeing what an amp actually does. I have done some pretty noobish installs in the past and have become way more informed and hope to make a nice system and plan on starting soonish. Lots of knowledge here that I hope to tap into. I am not a big forum poster, just addind my 2 cents here and there and some posts to ask some Q's.

Hey John here. Been car audio for 32 years now.
Journeyman Cabinet Maker
Custom Upscale home builder owner.
Chief Engineer.
Have full cabinet shop at home. Build custom furniture. Also have a $20000 home sound system that jams very good. Been to over 100 concerts. Seen Ozzys Osbourne with Randy Rhoades before he died. Seen Def Leppard when drummer had 2 arms!!! So I have been around. System in Jeep is SQL.

Edited by Soccerballzs
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Don't think I have ever introduced myself, my name is Jared I have actually been here lurking for about 4 years posting occasionally and asking questions. Cars in general are my life and i don't consider myself a normal car guy because i don't just like one kind of vehicle, i pretty much like everything. Currently no system but hoping to get a system here soon seeing as i'm getting a new vehicle soon.

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

John K.

Custom vehicle freak since late 80s. Pro installer since 1994. Don't really build a lot of huge systems like those on here, more specializing in stealth and completely hidden stuff.

I still run an aftermarket shop, but no longer in audio so I found this site while bored at work one day and use you guys for inspiration because I'm not around my crew anymore. Maybe someday I'll be back in the audio world, but it's already totally different than it was when I left. I will always modify my own stuff and now I'll likely share it here when I do.

Literally hundreds of installs that I didn't take pictures of but here are a few I did at my last shop. Since they're already on the internet I figured it'd be okay to link.

I left this shop to move to a different city 7 years ago now but they don't really update their site:

Stealth Viper system featuring a round bendy ply box mocking the spare tire:

http://www.staytunedcustoms.com/projects/viper_gts/

Audi S6 Avant with a hinged amp rack and hidden sub box:

http://www.staytunedcustoms.com/projects/02_AUDI_S6/

04 Escalade using all the usual center console and rear seat hiding spots. Even an EQ behind the back seat center armrest (not shown). Also not shown is the vinyl wrapped sub box with raised "Escalade" logo under the vinyl. Four tens down firing and ported down running off the JL 1000/1 shown.

http://www.staytunedcustoms.com/projects/04_ESCALADE/

Alfa Romeo trunk build showing what I still use as a standard stealth woofer grille--expanded metal rabbeted and flush mounted then painted on the bottom and wrapped with carpet or grille cloth:

http://www.staytunedcustoms.com/projects2/75_Alpha/

Radio only in an Impala glove box:

http://www.staytunedcustoms.com/projects/64_IMPALA/

Eleanor replica '67 Shelby custom center console. The plastic speaker mounts and kick panels were customer supplied:

http://www.staytunedcustoms.com/projects2/67_Shelby/

I do suspension, superchargers, turbo kits, got SEMA certified for exterior body components (kits, running boards, etc.), and was ASE certified electrical. It's been a heck of a ride but I may be ending the customer service portion of my career and finding something else soon. As much fun as I've had and the relationships I've made there are more lucrative careers out there that require far less time commitment.

Anyway thanks for the place to share. If anyone even looks at the intro page anymore at least mine's here.

Edited by jk13

Static drops are my bag.

Hi all, my name is cameron. I've been installing for not that long, about 3 going on 4 years now. I'm a MECP basic certified tech, and still learning. I knew about Mr. Meade for awhile, mostly through friends showing me videos of him. I always liked his videos and thought they were pretty entertaining. When it comes to audio in my personal vehicle (2004 Silverado 4.3L/Coulda had a V8) I have 6 1/2" Polk audio's I got back when I worked at circuit city... still working fine, but will retire them shortly. Rears are plane kicker DS 4x6" that I bought awhile ago. When it comes to sub & amp, I have some autotek amp my girlfriend gave me (it claims 700w rms @ 2 ohms) & that pushes a 10" Viper sub (Viper as in DEI... I know, I raised a brow when I first saw it). The sub is in a sealed box. Not a spectacular system by anymeans, but hey, does the job for now. Oh, and the deck is a Pioneer Avic-F700bt. Pretty cool since I got it for $70 from my boss, lol.

So anyways, glad to be here, hope to learn and laugh some & thanks for having me.

R.F.M.

READ THE F****** FREE MANUAL!

Hey I like sound a lot allways watchin vids from meade916 on you tube thats how I ended up here. I got a small set up in my honda cant wait till I can upgrade my 15 jvc impp its not bad it just don't hit them lows that we all like my whife wont let me put a system in our mine van but maybe win the kids are older.

What’s good fellow bass-head’s, I’m Eroc! Found this website in search of car audio! Worked in car audio some 18+ years ago to a much lesser degree. I got out of car audio because of the ex-wife, long story short I got divorced and now I’m wanting to get back into it. Been doing my research and pricing. Have a $4k budget and for my first coming out of retirement build I’m going for a clean setup with little visual modification (aside from the box and amps which will be below the back window of my SUV). I’ll want to compete at a low level to start but would love to be in the middle if possible between SQ and SPL. I’m having mixed emotions on various audio equipments and ideas for the build. Again I’m coming from the 90’s when I last did a build and it was 2 Zeus 12” on a US Acoustics amp, running Pioneer mids and high again on a US Acoustic amp, all on a stock alternator and battery. No capacitor or anything! Don’t get me wrong it sounded awesome SUPER CLEAN the SQ was amazing… Now I’m wanting to go all out within my budget. Looking at getting two DC LVL3 12”(x2) mixed emotions between Crescendo BC2000D and the DC Audio 2.0K for the mono amp ( and I’m the OCD FREAK that needs everything to match so I’d need my 4 channel to be the same too). I am pretty certain I’ll be going with Crescendo for mids and highs. Pionner for sure on the HU. But for the first build I’ll be putting a lot of my $ into dampening, wires, alternator and batteries. Any recommendations would be great, thoughts ideas. I have a Chevy Equinox but can’t wall off the back as of yet (I have kids, maybe after they move out).

Keep posted for the build I’m hoping to be complete by summer of 2014.

Be easy peeps

Eroc3k

• 3 weeks later...

What's up fellas, my name's Chad. I've been on here for quite a while now.. asking questions every once and a while, but I've never introduced myself. I'm 18 and from a small town in Iowa. Just really getting into car audio and trying to learn what I can. I'll be graduating high school this May and I'm going to college for computer programming and to become an IT guy.

2006 Monte Carlo

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 SSA ZCON 12's

5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz

Soundqubed 3500.1

PAC LC-1

Singer 320 Amp Alt

XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk

Super Start AGM Under Hood

80ft+ Sky High 1/0

40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener

Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids

Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Alpine 1" Tweeters

Alpine MRP-F300

I'm Taylor, 17, and I've been lurking on this sight for a couple years now and figured its about time to get started on here. I've been into car audio since 8th grade, and i'm also starting to rap and produce music (as soon as a get everything set up). Hopefully ill be getting a 76 Thunderbird within a few weeks and can get started on it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1