Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design program


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay I have that WinISD Alpha program to help design my enclosure, but why can I never see the design? what am I doing wrong? is there something else I need to download?

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Posted

WinISD Alpha doesnt do the design, only the specs. To design the enclosure i suggest google sketchup

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Posted

Thanks, I'll try it

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Posted

Those sketchup designs look all pretty.... and cool to post online, but just aren't needed for a good build.

I use a couple pieces of scratch paper, a straight edge, a pencil, and a calculator. (oh, and an old school port tuning nomigram). One sheet is for my build, and the other is the cut sheet. I believe I saw where SM said the same thing, about building outragious setups with a napkin, and a pencil ;) LOL

Then, after I've done my calcs, I'll use one of the box building programs to "check my work". If its really close, I go with my own calcs. If its way off, I'll try again, since obviously I'm effing up somewhere :-)

Peace,

Fish

PS, BTW, I ususally skip the part about using my Qts, Qms, Fs, etc..... Instead, I just call the sub company and say, "Yea', I using your X subs. I'm somewhere in between an SQ and an SPL guy. What would be the "optimum" cubes for X subs ? ....oh, and optimum sq port area. Then, the rest is cake.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8718 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...