Sundown Audio

SA-10 and SA-15 Factory Pictures

Eight Dual-4 subs will wire to 1 ohm -- 1/2 per amp ;)

Running at 1/2 it is pushing it. I'd suggest two 2000s running 1/2 ohm.

Duh, I knew that, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not sure if 4000Kw is gonna be loud enough. I was hoping for something closer to the 7-8Kw range as I would rather be over powered than under powered. Do you have any plans for D2s?

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Duh, I knew that, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not sure if 4000Kw is gonna be loud enough. I was hoping for something closer to the 7-8Kw range as I would rather be over powered than under powered. Do you have any plans for D2s?

With a good box you would be in the 150s with two 2000s and eight SA-12s. Quite loud.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

SA-10 is great... need new cone for SA-15 before proceeding.

Should have cone sample on the way soon.

Both the SA-10 and SA-15 will come standard with two performance upgrades from the current SA-12 (the next run will include these standard).

1) Custom tooled triple joint strengthening ring. The only failures to date under any condition of the SA-12 have been of this joint under *extreme* abuse -- in my case 1200-1800 watt burps in tested.

2) 12 drilled basket holes for cooling rather than four. After extensive testing I found that 12 holes are more beneficial than either 4 holes or a "wide open" setup like the basket spacers on Nightshade 18s and/or the 12-spoke frame. The air velocity stays high but allows more flow than the original four holes.

I can add both of these during a re-cone :)

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got the new cone samples for the 15" model... they are WAY better. So now the SA-10 and SA-15 parts selection is done. I will work up pre-order details soon.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Hi Jacob, what would the mounting depth on the 10s be? Im considering running these instead of my RE SEs ni my hatch. Thanks

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

4200 watt burp -- 149.8 dB

Two 3500s @ 1 ohm each nominal strapped, only set as high as the sub would allow before acting funny mechanically (leaving gap).

I did not clamp it at 149.1 but I was running just two 2000s @ 1 ohm each nominal... my rise is to ~3 ohms per amp. So it was ALOT less power. I did not gain much going to 3500s as it wasn't liking it mechanically.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think this sub would do better with alot less port area... IMO, it doesn't have enough motor force to really pressurize this giant port. But all in all it did quite well.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Whats the max sealed box size for the SA-10?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png