I think it is a BAAAD idea.

And like others have said, don't pretend this is about going "Green". For Example: say that 14 years ago, my wife and I not yet married- she buys a Plymouth Neon. Back then it wasn't called being "Green", it was called being poor and buying something that you could afford with good gas mileage. People laughed at you for driving "that tiny car". ...But for 14 years, we kept this car running and paid for and got 35+ mpg and was good to the environment. Let's pretend that I was ready to trade it in CFC for a new car (which I never would). "Sorry" the salesman and government says. It gets too good gas mileage. TOO GOOD!!!! My reward for doing the right thing is no $4,500. Someone who has been Anti-Green comes in and their reward is $4,500 (part of which is MY taxes back to someone else who did worse for the environment). There is your redistribution of wealth right there.....

The original article is spot on. Why get people into more debt, when debt is what screwed this thing up? I just don't get it. I fear that once the cash for clunkers program is over, that the recoil in sales will be that much worse. I hope I'm wrong and that it does "kick start" the automotive industry. But history shows that in previous cases where this was done, bad things happen.

This is not the way to do things.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I think there are a few folks on here that aren't even old enough to drink and don't personally pay for shit that think they know what they are talking about. This program is just another bad idea. I have a friend that works a dealer and he says that they fill the coolant jackets of the cars with concrete and run there till they freeze up, all the while the car is polluting worse than ever. This is just another way that us showing our WISTFULNESS! I mind that is just BS!!!! Give the cars to people that need them to get to work or small company's that are just starting out, I don't really have all the answers but there has got to be a better use than just blowing them up. F this green movement BS, ask your self this what is the Gov. doing to help, do they fly less or drive less or buy more fuel efferent cars NO! So you tell me how this is the Gov doing for the best of the people, it is for the best of the Gov.

O and J00bles spending money means actual money, not credit money. That kind of spending is what got use in this mess.

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

Here is a good example of how our Gov. is "going green" LOL

All Hail Queen Nancy's 757

The Jet is a USAF Boeing 757.

cid:[email protected]

*And they STILL want to talk about Sarah's clothing??

People,.....Are you out there?

*MADAME PELOSI*

Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small private jet that comes with the Speaker's job...no, Madame Pelosi was aggravated that this little jet had to stop to refuel, so she ordered a Big Fat 200 seat jet that could get her back to California without stopping!

Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe informed everyone what Nancy's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard working American Taxpayers, for the thousands of gallons of fuel every week.

Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and she flies home to California, cost to the taxpayers of about $60,000 one way!

As Joe put it, 'Unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on Monday Night.' Cost to us is another $60,000. Folks, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to the taxpayers of $5,760,000. No wonder she complains about the cost of this war...it might cramp her style and she is styling, on my back and yours.

I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman, who heads up the most do-nothing Congress in the history of this country, keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing.

Madame Pelosi wants you and me to conserve our carbon footprint. She wants us to buy smaller cars and Obama wants us to get a bicycle pump and air up our tires.

These people are nuts.

Keep in mind the figures above do NOT include cost of plane or crew, just fuel!

One wonders what her total package cost us? And she wants to tax OUR IRA's & 401K's.....

YOU WILL NEVER SEE THIS IN ANY NEWSPAPERS IN THE COUNTRY! THEY HAVE NO GUTS - THEY WOULD RATHER SEE PEOPLE DESTITUTE THAN REPORT ON THE MONSTER THAT IS NANCY PELOSI!

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

I would like to know where that Pelosi thing came from, my guess is that it is not reported by newspapers because it is false or extremely overinflated. I wouldn't be surprised if it was email spam. We can't always believe what comes in our inbox, if we all did I think we'd all be rich from those Nigerian princes haha.

Quick poll....who believes in global warming?

This liberal does :)

EDIT: http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

2x 10' Polk Momo MM2104

Alpine MRP-M500

Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

4x Polk db 6.5's

RF 450.4

Pioneer DEH-4000UB

I don't believe anyone is looking at the bigger picture....the US government is pumping billions of dollars into this clash for clunkers. I'll repeat... BILLIONS of dollar.

Can anyone guess where the government is getting these billions from.... Every working person in this country. So guess what, if your neighbor goes and buys a car, you helping to pay for it. Even if you don't take advantage of this program, your paying for it.

So, run right out there and buy a new Prius. Every working person will help pay that 4500.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I don't believe anyone is looking at the bigger picture....the US government is pumping billions of dollars into this clash for clunkers. I'll repeat... BILLIONS of dollar.

Can anyone guess where the government is getting these billions from.... Every working person in this country. So guess what, if your neighbor goes and buys a car, you helping to pay for it. Even if you don't take advantage of this program, your paying for it.

So, run right out there and buy a new Prius. Every working person will help pay that 4500.

Spot on, bro. That is what I was saying earlier- My wife's old car doesn't qualify b/c it gets 35 mpg, but I still have to pay for other people's cars!!! It is total bs! There are lots of other people in the same boat- they just need to wake up and realize it!

Around here, they drain the oil from the motor and then put in sodium silicate. They crank it up and run it. When it gets hot, the stuff literally WELDS the motor together. Totally shot. I still hate CFC, but why not give the cars to charities, or to single mothers, or on and on... This is the most wasteful crap I have ever seen.

On the pollution front.... did you know that when Mount St. Helens erupted in 1980 (a small eruption by geological standards) it produced more pollution in that one day than mankind has YET to produce by ALL means (cars, industry, etc..)? I am all for Green energy, especially when it pays for itself (hydroelectrial, wind, solar, turning water into hydrogen), but this is crap.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Here is a good example of how our Gov. is "going green" LOL

All Hail Queen Nancy's 757

The Jet is a USAF Boeing 757.

cid:[email protected]

*And they STILL want to talk about Sarah's clothing??

People,.....Are you out there?

*MADAME PELOSI*

Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small private jet that comes with the Speaker's job...no, Madame Pelosi was aggravated that this little jet had to stop to refuel, so she ordered a Big Fat 200 seat jet that could get her back to California without stopping!

Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe informed everyone what Nancy's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard working American Taxpayers, for the thousands of gallons of fuel every week.

Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and she flies home to California, cost to the taxpayers of about $60,000 one way!

As Joe put it, 'Unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on Monday Night.' Cost to us is another $60,000. Folks, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to the taxpayers of $5,760,000. No wonder she complains about the cost of this war...it might cramp her style and she is styling, on my back and yours.

I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman, who heads up the most do-nothing Congress in the history of this country, keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing.

Madame Pelosi wants you and me to conserve our carbon footprint. She wants us to buy smaller cars and Obama wants us to get a bicycle pump and air up our tires.

These people are nuts.

Keep in mind the figures above do NOT include cost of plane or crew, just fuel!

One wonders what her total package cost us? And she wants to tax OUR IRA's & 401K's.....

YOU WILL NEVER SEE THIS IN ANY NEWSPAPERS IN THE COUNTRY! THEY HAVE NO GUTS - THEY WOULD RATHER SEE PEOPLE DESTITUTE THAN REPORT ON THE MONSTER THAT IS NANCY PELOSI!

She gets what is available at the time and to the destination. She does NOT have her own plane. Fucking sheep are easily lead. The president and Vice President have their own planes. Period. I have been flying military air for 12 years and have bumped into certain "heads of state" along the way. Rummy didn't even have his own dedicated bird, we rode in to Baghdad on the same C-130..

I swear, some of you live in a comic book. As long as it bashes your idea of a bad guy you take the bait hook line and sinker.

Show your proof. I am the sheep you are the one working for the most corrupt military ever, why do you do it? LOL

And since you are sooooooo adamant about the fact that "ONLY the Pres. and Vic Pres. get their own plane. PERIOD what is this? Yes I know it isn't the plan in question, but you said "they are the only ones that get their own plane". Your words not mine. This looks like a private plan if you ask me. LOL it is even on the same forum LOL.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=53086

Yeah, but where do the clunkers go? They get crushed and put in a landfill. And a lot of mechanics search junkyards for used parts they can refurbish and use to fix vehicles that come in to be repaired. If those valuable parts are crushed, where do the mechanics get the parts they need? Some places carry replacements, but sometimres they are expensive or aren't the right part or sometimes they don't even have the part. I'm seriously not trying to bash, but what I said is the truth.

i work at a dealership.. we don't do junk yard parts... factory new parts or nothing... and the cars get recycled... not end up in a landfill btw

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Archived