Second Skin Audio

Second Skin deadener Door Pack

Recieved my door pack from Second Skin through the free offer on another thread here. So i had to wait for the weekend to put it on so i decided to install some hertz deici comp sets at the same time for the wife. Ive lagged for a long time putting deadener in her car just because when i change somethign in her car im constantly have the "are you done yet" in my ear. anyhow on to what yall care about

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

The Guys at Second Skin were kind enough to send a Fury knife and a Roller as well.

equals out to 4 sheets per door

DSC01881-1.jpg

DSC01882-1.jpg

What im using it on

DSC01885-1.jpg

my door panel with a stock speaker back in there lol

DSC01886-1.jpg

behind the panel mind you ive never took the panel off before because my car allows you to just change speakers without taking the panel off.

Yes thats duct tape you see.

DSC01889.jpg

tore all that crap off

now before i did any cleanin or anything i wanted to show how good the deadener stuck without a prepared surface.

well after cleaning the whole door with simple green i started applying

DSC01890.jpg

then like a jackass i forgot what i was doing and forgot to take pics of finishing the damn door. (i'll be taking them back apart anyhow to add more deadener)

so skip to ...

DSC01891.jpg

cont on next post

Edited by James

so i got a pic of the other door since i forgot on the other one. this whole door was done by my nine year old daughter, i ripped one piece off that i didnt like where she put it but other then that it was all good.

DSC01898-1.jpg

DSC01897-1.jpg

what door looked like after Hertz install

DSC01893-1.jpg

End result

Review...

Overall thickness is great imo, it does what its supposed to. Stickyness imo if you just grab it out the box and slap it on itsa not sticky enough for my liking. I threw mine out in the sun for a hour or so , so that the Butyl got more "gooey"

Fury knife in all honesty i hated the thing, being left handed i always tapped the little thing that relieases the blade and it would make the blade come loose, after about 10 minutes of that i threw it in the toolbox and used a pocketknife.

Roller i Liked the rubber ones they used to have before, but this wooden one does the job just fine, no complains there at all.

As far as deadener goes, theres really not much diff in it and a couple others out there other then a thicker foil layer and better price tag.

on a 10 point scale id probably give it a 7 out of 10, just because personally id like it to be a little more sticky. (it works fine as is, its just my personal preference.)

the difference in outside roadnoise and heat in my black on black car was pretty noticable though and it took alot less of this then some other brands to do the job.

Also when my windows are up you cannot hear anything and i mean ANYTHING outside. im dreading tearing into my huge trunk though to apply deadener there.

Edited by James

Damn it James...you have no clue how much I envy you right now. I still haven't welded in the new floor pans. Let me know how much a difference it makes in it. I have mine completely gutted and am using the same shit throughout with some heat wave pro. Cant wait!!

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

nice review. ill be ordering some in a couple days. do you think that 1 door pack has enough deadener in it for my mids?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

door pack imo on most cars should be more then enough for most cars, there are some exceptions but i had like a half sheet extra that i just piled on each door.

also vids are included to first 2 post now

nice review james, i installed some on one door on saturday.... good stuff, road noise was reduced alot :)

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

i wish i can afford the pro got the regular on my roof im be getting more soon for my doors and need to save money

Check out my build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry717600

GUERO.jpg

4 12" Kicker L7's

1 zx2500.1 Kicker Amp

1 zx650.4 Kicker Amp

All Kicker 1/0 Wire

Headunit Jvc Kw-Nx7000

3 sets of 6.5 Image Dynamics CXS6 series

cool deal i looked at yours looks great for a first timer

thank you :)

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!