Tahoe System Rebuild 2009 is ALL BUT FINISHED and PLAYING!!!! UPGRADE to RF P2 8's 12/08/2009!

damn bro this is lookin insane, cant wait to see some new vids !!!

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

you have too much wire! the current is gonna get lost and u will have massive voltage drop....

lol jk man it looks fantastic

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

My god Steve, this shit is gonna be RIDICULOUS!!!!!! And I love how you can fit so much stuff in that Tahoe, not saying it's small, you just have a lot of shit bro lol

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

I like your updated video post. Very nice. Damn, that is a lot of wires on that bus bar. Sweet. :D

Hey, so you gonna mount any of the amps on the new box? Seems like you could mount , IDK, 4 on the box?

Plus, since that one of the amps is in front fans sucking air in, isn't it going to also pull hot air from that amp and have it circulate throughout the amp rack before exiting. I figured you were shooting for cooler air. Just curious.

BTW, found out about your video update on twitter. :)

you will soon see how they will be mounted.

Also, yes, i AM shooting for cooler air, and an amp in front of the intake, in the middle or near the exit isnt going to heat the air up much, if any at all. Remember the air will be moving and the amps dont exactly get that hot to begin with. The 4 under the box are 100% covered so they need just a little circulation and they will probably never even get warm at all let alone be warm enough to change the temperature of MOVING AIR. Anyways, as stated about 10 times or more, it works great no need to worry about it.

love it love it !!!!! steve is the man!!!!!

a little trick for wire ties so they dont leave a sharp end.......... grab them with plyers and twist off the extra

or cut them close enough to where there isnt anything to make a sharp end. YOu cant grab my zipties with a pair of pliers, there is nothing to grab :D

My god Steve, this shit is gonna be RIDICULOUS!!!!!! And I love how you can fit so much stuff in that Tahoe, not saying it's small, you just have a lot of shit bro lol

actually, the Tahoe isnt as big as you might think and it dont take long to chew up major real-estate when putting a system of any size in really. That is unless i do the wall thing...if i went to the B pillar with my box, walled or not, i would gain a HUGE amount of space. The cargo area gets used up quick!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Plus, since that one of the amps is in front fans sucking air in, isn't it going to also pull hot air from that amp and have it circulate throughout the amp rack before exiting. I figured you were shooting for cooler air. Just curious.

He already answerred it a few times, and other people too.

It's not only about the cold air sucking in, it's about the air movement.

Thatsalottofwire onto those bussbars, gotta weigh a few pounds.

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

or cut them close enough to where there isnt anything to make a sharp end. YOu cant grab my zipties with a pair of pliers, there is nothing to grab :D

Muh bad, got confused. Sorry.

Just out of idle curiosity, how many CFM are the fans rated at?

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Isn't that what the teeth on pliers are for? Cause I've done it. But cutting it doens't leave a ver sharp edge when done right. It really doesn't matter that much, that wire is a champ. A little paper cut ain't gonna hurt it.

Just out of idle curiosity, how many CFM are the fans rated at?

seriously dude?are you serious?if you have proper zip-tie-cutting "side cutters" they dont leave any excess whatsoever.And i promise you the man has it under control and has all the tools to do the best job EVER.