Sundown Audio

Legacy 4,000 Watt Amp

i loved the hifonics amp but they dont make my model anymore :( and i dont want to buy a used one. I also dont have the money anymore for a hifonics amp. Also i think im going to get rid of the IDmax. Ive had nothing but problems with them. Yeah they beat but they too fragile and waste of money and just flat out blow dick.

Edited by bahnmaster

Current Setup in 1989 Ford Mustang GT

Clarion Pro Audio DX

Infinity and Kenwood componets

Autotek 1900

1 12" Audiobahn AW1206T

Well im gunna try the Legacy and see how it is. Ill bench test it and see how much power its actually putting out, throw it in my car a beat the piss out of it for a bit, then sell it like i do with all my other shit.

But for now it looks like ima have to bump with an 8" MTX. Im gunna try that Hellboy concept that Team Toxic Bass did for their two 8" soundsplinters.

Edited by bahnmaster

Clarion Pro Audio DX

Autotek 1900

1 12" Audiobahn AW1206T

Kenwood tends to over-rate as well......

How much is your budget? You say 500 is a waste................look at crossfire BMF and VR 1000D's they can be had for around 200-300 bones on ebay. Hell go visonik, mmats or something like that. Also check the Termro classifieds. Good copetition level stuff there usually at decent prices.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

i allways thought Kenwood was good. It beats the crap out of my buddys RE Audio 15" SE and his two 10" Audiobahn AW1006Ts

Clarion Pro Audio DX

Autotek 1900

1 12" Audiobahn AW1206T

I've worked together quite a few budget systems in my time so heres a small list of amps i have worked with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VISONIK-1800w-RMS-MONO...1QQcmdZViewItem

it's ok, a little over rated will put out 1000w max all day, you won't see the higher numbers unless you push the higher voltage to them

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-MA-Audio-HK2000D-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

Same company different brand, this little shit puts out some power, i did an install of this one awhile back on 2 12's and it pounded.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1200-Watts-RMS-MA-Audi...1QQcmdZViewItem

I use this same amp on my front stage and anothe one on my rear stage, works real nice

Look around and ask questions , hunt for some deals. Don't belive the 4000w claim. the amp won't do it, not even close. so spend a little more and get somthing worth having.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)