DC Sound Lab

2 12" DC lvl 3's in Home theater.. Is it worth it , or will it not work

I didnt take any picts of the redo, just have another with grill cover on it. I use the online calculator Here to get my recommended port areas and lengths. I havent messed with DC subs so I will leave those recommendations to the experts. If you need a big aero just get some Sonotube from HomeDepot. Dont know if you have seen one of those Sonotube sub enclosures or not but you ought to search them up. I have never heard one in person but most everyone that has built one seemed pleased with them. Just a 12 dia tube 4-6 feet tall with a sub installed in the bottom basically. A little more work than that but you get the idea.

2427501417_442f2d3669_o.jpg

I didnt take any picts of the redo, just have another with grill cover on it. I use the online calculator Here to get my recommended port areas and lengths. I havent messed with DC subs so I will leave those recommendations to the experts. If you need a big aero just get some Sonotube from HomeDepot. Dont know if you have seen one of those Sonotube sub enclosures or not but you ought to search them up. I have never heard one in person but most everyone that has built one seemed pleased with them. Just a 12 dia tube 4-6 feet tall with a sub installed in the bottom basically. A little more work than that but you get the idea.

2427501417_442f2d3669_o.jpg

Yea i was thinking about a sonotube enclosure... so how do you cap the ends?? just make 2 round mdf cutouts to plug it then just glue andscrew the mdf through the tube from the outside ? using a few 1x2 braces to brace and hold the 2 pieces together on the inside?

2- DC Lvl 3 12's

Memphis mc1000d

146.2 TL , (7-4-09)

i say do it!!! i made a box for a lvl 2 10" under our tv stand firing up port towards us tuned to 45hz and it sounds freakin great!! its ran off a older sony 150w plate amp and it gets loud enough to knock shit off the walls but it still crazy accurate

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Yea i was thinking about a sonotube enclosure... so how do you cap the ends?? just make 2 round mdf cutouts to plug it then just glue andscrew the mdf through the tube from the outside ? using a few 1x2 braces to brace and hold the 2 pieces together on the inside?

Thats basically what I saw people doing. But with an additional piece of MDF used as a base with dowels or brackets holding the tube up. The sub firing into the base. A lot of the tubes were carpeted and looked pretty good. Some were down right impressive.

Heres a page with some good picts of one ..... sonosub

i would love to try a sonotube, well 2 in this case, but with the amp i would be getting the easiest and best way for this would be a nice 4cf enclosure around 20-22 hz... with an aero or 2.... Is there a good box calculator on here, just want to do a little plotting to see what im looking at for size / port area etc

2- DC Lvl 3 12's

Memphis mc1000d

146.2 TL , (7-4-09)

i say do it!!! i made a box for a lvl 2 10" under our tv stand firing up port towards us tuned to 45hz and it sounds freakin great!! its ran off a older sony 150w plate amp and it gets loud enough to knock shit off the walls but it still crazy accurate

45 hz ??? you doing some TL testing in home :D

2- DC Lvl 3 12's

Memphis mc1000d

146.2 TL , (7-4-09)

Instead of a sonotube, you could make a tline, almost the same.

Tune the tline to the fs from the sub, and it will go low and high without any problems, i have a tline, and it's nutz.

Tline's aren't that hard to build, look at the stickied topic here on SMD.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Glad to see sonotubes mentioned in here. It's the type of sub I have. www.svsound.com I picked it up when this company was just starting to take off. They look like they're doing really awesome now. They make some killer subs, albeit pretty damn expensive.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3