After all the $#!+ I've talked......

Hey Lowblue, I love not having to fiddle around with CD's anymore too..... But I have all my music stored on a $29, 8gig flash drive, which is totally accessible via my Kenwood X792 HU. Do you (or anybody here) know of any advantage to using my iPod with my truck stereo ???

I can think of one thing that makes the flash drive better.... It's CHEAP ! If it got stolen, lost, or stepped on, so what. I'll just run right down to Best Buy, and get another one.

Once in while it might be cool to play a video on my iPod and play the music on my truck system. Hmmmm. I wonder how good the SQ would be on a video downloaded from say iTunes ? (compared to a regular MP3) Anybody ?

Peace,

Fish

Hey Lowblue, I love not having to fiddle around with CD's anymore too..... But I have all my music stored on a $29, 8gig flash drive, which is totally accessible via my Kenwood X792 HU. Do you (or anybody here) know of any advantage to using my iPod with my truck stereo ???

I can think of one thing that makes the flash drive better.... It's CHEAP ! If it got stolen, lost, or stepped on, so what. I'll just run right down to Best Buy, and get another one.

Once in while it might be cool to play a video on my iPod and play the music on my truck system. Hmmmm. I wonder how good the SQ would be on a video downloaded from say iTunes ? (compared to a regular MP3) Anybody ?

Peace,

Fish

Videos downloaded from iTunes would definitely be better quality than videos you download Online/Limewire/Illegally.

Music might also be tad better. Not much though. I would only get an iPod to hook up to my headunit cause there is alot of headunits that integrate iPod almost virtually onto the screen which is pretty cool.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Videos downloaded from iTunes would definitely be better quality than videos you download Online/Limewire/Illegally.

Music might also be tad better. Not much though. I would only get an iPod to hook up to my headunit cause there is alot of headunits that integrate iPod almost virtually onto the screen which is pretty cool.

Not necessarily. It all depends upon who rips it and how.

As for music itself its the same difference. Depending upon what format and bit rate chosen, and the site it's uploaded to, (as well as various other variables) the difference is negligible 9/10.

Either way, I say don't go for illegal downloads anyway. :D

EDIT: To finish answering the question, if all else remains equal, the codec, bit rate, song, times through a DAC, etc, SQ differences should be negligible.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I like iPods but think there just OverRated. Soo many people have them, and people in general call MP3 Players iPods!

They are taking over!

For sound quality I stick to Samsung. I got a Samsung P2 Touchscreen and man it sounds soooooo much better then iPod with same heaadphones. It has a fully customizable EQ and different effects (Music speed, 3D, Bass adjuster, etc.)

If you want sound quality go with Samsung!

Here is the Samsung P3 (Updated version) coming out.

I'm telling you I've done side-by-side comparison with iPod, Samsung, Phillips, and Samsung came out victorious even with flat EQ and especially after EQ Tweaks.

Edit: The earbud headphones that come with the MP3 are amazing at bass. Very natural and go great with their MP3 Players.

Also the Themes can be changed/downloaded/made, constantly updated Firmware that adds features, Games, Bluetooth to connect to phone, transfer files, play wirelessly to bluetooth speakers/headunits.

I remember my old P2... It was the best MP3 player I ever had... I stopped using it after the earphone jack didn't work nomore... But I think it was the best MP3 player out there. Compared to the ipod touch, the touch screen wasnt as responsive but the sound quality made up for that.

go pick up some $15 SkullCandy ear buds and put the EQ on treble booster and you will love it much more

I would rather stick a drill in my ear. Honestly. IMO SkullCandy is awful, awful bling crap. Do yourself a favor and spend $60 on some Sennheiser canal-phones.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I would rather stick a drill in my ear. Honestly. IMO SkullCandy is awful, awful bling crap. Do yourself a favor and spend $60 on some Sennheiser canal-phones.

Skullcandy has their place in the market. You can do alot worse than Skullcandy. Am I trying to say they are the pinnacle of auditory pleasure, heck no, but if all your looking for is a step above stock, they do that pretty well.

If you're looking for on ear headphones though, check out the koss PortaPros. They they get good reviews, are relatively cheap, and are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. If you don't mind looking like you came straight out of the 80s, you can't do better than these for portable on hear headphones in this price range. In my opinion of course.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Not necessarily. It all depends upon who rips it and how.

As for music itself its the same difference. Depending upon what format and bit rate chosen, and the site it's uploaded to, (as well as various other variables) the difference is negligible 9/10.

Either way, I say don't go for illegal downloads anyway.

I'm totally past the illegal downloads (or should I say, the P2P programs). And it's NOT because I'm so afraid to break a law that a 100 million others aren't already breaking anyway.... It's just because of all the "crap" recordings out there... chances for picking up viruses, etc.

Instead, I use one of those programs that I do actually pay for {although admittedly, I pay SOOO little for it, I can't see how the artists could be getting a penny} ......but I don't "know" that they aren't. I'm paying my $20 for 150 songs, in good faith, that everbody that is supposed to be paid, is being paid.

And now, every recording I download is top notch. Never a glitch. Never a virus.

Peace,

Fish

The only thing I really like about the iPod Touch is the interface, it's pretty slick. Other than that, it doesn't really do any more than my Zune 80 does and my Zune 80 has 10x the capacity! When I say it doesn't do more than my Zune, I mean that in regards to what I want/need my portable media device to do.

I prefer my zune to take with me. But my ipod stays hooked up to my head unit. I prefer the zune because I really like their subscription service.

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.