Wall of 20 Pyramid 10" $15.99 in a Ford Aerostar

Thanks andym85!

I live close to L-ville, we should meet up sometime!

sure...actually in lexington now...but..

ky meca state finals is in etown at the fairgrounds next sunday.....hopefully ill be going to that

i likes me some audio stuff...

Hey, any progress is progress. One foot in front of the other for long enough, and you will get done before you know it! :D

I'm thinking about doing something like this with my back glass- I want to put some sort of tint on them and then flat black the tint. That way, I can pull off the tint and the paint comes with it. Just in the event I need to remove the stuff. However, acetone would easily take it off too. :)

Your welcome for that idea there buddy

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

lol

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

im gonna keep an eye on this one coz its pretty similar to what im doing, exept im going 16 ported instead of 20 sealed... looks good though im jelous of your square van lol, my box has a million crazy angles!

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

• 3 months later...

Been gone for awhile and have been doing some work. The bad is that,....I have not been taking pics like I should. Seems like when I did have time to piddle with it, I run out of time for pics.

Here is a pic of the door striped down for repair. The door panel base is plastic and very weak with a alot of crack and breaks. I thought it would be great to fab up some doors with fiberglass and repair them to a much stronger state.

photo021.jpg

This is the mock up of the rings to hold the form and speakers. Not a fancy job, but quick and easy with the jigsaw and some scrap plywood laying around.

photo022.jpg

photo023.jpg

And this is a pic before I start to stretch the "teddy bear" fabric over my masterpiece. I picked up the 4yard roll of fabric at the goodwill for like a $1.00. The can of spray adhesive cost $10.

A little more time and I'll have the driver door finished. I will get some pics

I have great respect for all of you MASTER mind builders out there. Your work is awsome and inspiring! To bad some of us(ME) don't have that talent!

I have more pics and more work done.

Some of you may notice that I have changed my title to 20 Pyramid $15.99 subs. This is what I have desided on and the amp is going to be a Visonik 4000d.

I really could not bring myself to pay $50 per sub, although the pioneer sub would have worked the best, it was just to much. The pyramid subs turn out to be awsome in my setup on paper and are alot cheaper. The fall would be the impedence curv rises around 40hz, but this may be a good thing for protecting the subs from the amp. I have played around with 4 of these in an old box with about 500rms. VERY SURPRISING! All of those that hurd it were very surprised!

One guy with a BTL and a 3000 Auidopipe swore it was louder than his. LOL I re-asured him that it was not!

I also changed the design of the box from what is pic before in this post. I had to change the design for more airspace. The Pyramids like around 27cuft while the Pioneers where 19cuft. The Pyramids will not go as low, but will sound great and bang around 50hz. In my opinion, 50hz is subsonic deep for a 10", but this is in a car and that's ok.

I do have the box 75% built and a battery waiting for a place to sit. I've got 2ga wire ran from the main battery to the back, about where I want it to be.

I'll be posting more pics soon

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

this is gonna be amazing. sub pix plz!

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Archived