Sundown Audio

Need Some Adivce

One of my team member is having problem with his whip this is in exact quote of what he told me is wrong with his car...

"the amp is not getting any power, i tested the wiring and its getting current on the remote wire, i tried to hook it up to the accessorie wire and the battery wire from the hu still no power, the only way to get power is to run a little wire from power on amp to the remote wire on the amp, but when i do that i don't even need the power wire for the amp to turn on."

so from what i get from this is the amp is not turning on, and when he does get it to turn on he is having problem with it fading in and out. He also advised me that this occurs on any amp that he hooks up in the car.... any help guys would be great i know that this is kind of hard to understand but any help would be great..... thanks Big D

so let's rule out the amp(s) for now. when he swap out amps, did he use other speakers other than the ones in his car? I would tell him to look at his RCAs, headunit, and power wires.

multiple grounds but were they all sanded down to bare metal?

since yall are teammates, it's easier for you guys to swap headunits and rcas.

hope that helps.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

same speaker same hu... new power wire new ground... and yes all grounds were bare metal, i have a flip screen in my car that not nessary easy to take out, he ran new rca too. I have a feeling that it may be the hu, is there anything in the hu that would cause said problem?

One of my team member is having problem with his whip this is in exact quote of what he told me is wrong with his car...

"the amp is not getting any power, i tested the wiring and its getting current on the remote wire, i tried to hook it up to the accessorie wire and the battery wire from the hu still no power, the only way to get power is to run a little wire from power on amp to the remote wire on the amp, but when i do that i don't even need the power wire for the amp to turn on."

so from what i get from this is the amp is not turning on, and when he does get it to turn on he is having problem with it fading in and out. He also advised me that this occurs on any amp that he hooks up in the car.... any help guys would be great i know that this is kind of hard to understand but any help would be great..... thanks Big D

if he is only getting the amp to turn on by jumping the remote wire from the power wire, then it has to be a remote wire problem....but since it sounds like you all pretty much ruled that out, then i am going to say it is something internally with the headunit. are u sure you have the correct remote wire? cause i know when i first hooked up my amp to my headunit, there were like 3 blue wires, and i used the wrong one the first time so my amp didnt turn on.

oh..and like they already said, you dont need the power wire to turn the amp on. the remote wire is responsible for that and the power wire gives it the juice to push your subs.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Well if that is right, cancel out the remote from the deck, get a relay, wire a constant 12v a ignition 12v, well, wire up the relay like you should, and then run that 12v ignition from the relay to the amp, that WILL solve all issue.... decks have problems all the time with thier remote wires arcing against chassis ground and frying out, or to much amperage draw from the remote out on a deck, trying to power remote turn on - on multiple items will kill the remote turn on out as well.... so cancel out the remote out, and do a relay from ignition

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I would verify everything. Check the power, ground, and remote to make sure their good. Then swap amps. Not only swap another amp into the car but swap that amp into another car. If you've verified that its the car and not the amp then it must be the deck (assuming there aren't any crossovers or equalizers in between). Check the wiring in the dash and make sure something isn't getting pinched or swap out decks all together.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg