Im a underground computer geek......

I'm kind of debating on switching out my case for a bigger one. I have an HP right now I bought from best buy (I know, I know).. 3800+ Athlon 64 dual core. It's nice though, I am thinking on maybe getting a full tower and do a bit more upgrading. I have 1 gig ram now, mobo can support up to 4. I have 1 250 gig SATA and 1 200 gig SATA. I have an IDE slot that I could put a couple more HDDs in. It's either that or if I can price out something not too spensive I may just up and build another one. Do you guys go for performance or looks? I know you'll say both but what's more important to you? I'm kind of wanting to do some lights/plexi all the cool stuff, but you know.

Isn't this my internals?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of debating on switching out my case for a bigger one. I have an HP right now I bought from best buy (I know, I know).. 3800+ Athlon 64 dual core. It's nice though, I am thinking on maybe getting a full tower and do a bit more upgrading. I have 1 gig ram now, mobo can support up to 4. I have 1 250 gig SATA and 1 200 gig SATA. I have an IDE slot that I could put a couple more HDDs in. It's either that or if I can price out something not too spensive I may just up and build another one. Do you guys go for performance or looks? I know you'll say both but what's more important to you? I'm kind of wanting to do some lights/plexi all the cool stuff, but you know.

why do you wanna mix sata and ide hds? i mean go ahead if you want just make sure you use the ide drives as storage drives and put all your main programs on the sata hd.

lol id say performance is more important but then again you waste some money into looks that you could have put into performance.

check out my computer build 93cutty might give you some ideas might not couldnt hurt lol

Yea I don't think I will use the whole couple IDE ones I have it isn't logical to me now. I am not all really into looks just one of those things I wonder. I see a lot of modded cases but I never really paid attention to what's inside to know if it has the performance backed with the looks or not

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I would also call myself a computer geek. I have been building computers for about 5 years now and have been repairing computers for a while. I was far into gaming for about 3 years and always did good in any game i played. Ive moved on to cars and stereos now lol. May explain why im on here 24/7. lol.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Guest Nismofreak

I would also call myself a computer geek. I have been building computers for about 5 years now and have been repairing computers for a while. I was far into gaming for about 3 years and always did good in any game i played. Ive moved on to cars and stereos now lol. May explain why im on here 24/7. lol.

except you can't help alpine fix his mouse. lol